Tuesday, June 19, 2012

What A Day We Had Yesterday!

 Starting to dig out around the well.
 That's my hubby Lee in the wheelchair. :0) Those two cute little dogs are Lilly and Lizzy my neighbor Tonia's dogs. She is the one who gave us our Yorkie, Jasper! She was kind enough to lend me a cooler for the garage sale and she stopped by to pick it up. I told her I was getting a pool finally! I wish! hehe
 Yuck! it doesn't look too deep but they went down a little bit more than 3 feet to get to the pipe.
Getting it filled back in. They were done in no time flat!




As you can tell from the photo's we had a wild start of the day. Just last week we noticed our water pressure was bad and we thought it was the pressure pump that brings the water into the house from the well. (that's right we live in the boonies no city water here...just good old well water! LOL) But it turned out to be a worn out fitting at the actual well. That ended up being a easy fix.

Well, on Sunday Lee realized water was leaking around the well site. (I should have realized since my flowers were doing so well and I hadn't had to water them!) That's when they found out that it was a leak in the pipe that actually brings the water into the house. We needed it dug out and their back hoe was in the shop.

I tell you we are the most blessed, lucky, fortunate(whatever you want to call it) people in the world! Our lawn service company is Hostettler's Lawn Care. Of course over the years we think of them more as friends. They have done so much for us and taken care of lots of little extras with out ever taking a cent. They have been a friend to us in many a tight spot and Ray the owner came through for Lee again. His brother-in-law has a back hoe and he got in touch with him and then he sent someone over with it right then! They had it taken care of in less than 2 hours! Now you can see why we think we are the most blessed people around!

I have to say as our home ages(18 years old this year) it has been one experience after another to keep it all fixed! LOL  Who says home ownership isn't FUN!!! HA!

Well, hope you enjoyed the photos. Come back later today, I'll be posting early the blog candy question...it's a fun one this time!

Till my next post...

5 comments:

  1. I could have told you and Lee were very blessed. You see you have me for a sister. I love you, and am very glad it was a easy fix.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats true Shirley we are the most blessed people... n I Thank GOD everyday for everything

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW Those pictures show you really do live out in the boonies, not a house in sight!! LOL Glad you have great friends to help you and Lee and that it was a fast fix. Owning an older home like I do, 50 years old, it's always something. Thank God I have a son and son-in-law who can fix most everything.
    Talk to you soon,
    Hugs2U and Lee

    Babe

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my goodness ... how lucky though that it was a relatively easy fix.

    Wow look at your gorgeous lawn ... you wait until you see pictures of our acre .... its just weeds LOL.

    Cheers to wonderful friends and helpful people ..... its so lovely to have people that care and help without expecting anything in return.

    xoxox Carly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow glad it is fixed. Yes Lucky to have great friends. Always. DianeM

    ReplyDelete