Monday, January 23, 2012

My Sister-In-Law's First Card! And Are You Having Problems Posting?



Hello all my lovely blog followers1 I am still not 100% but I am up and going for now. hehe I have been resting when I feel like it and it has helped so much. Why I should feel guilty if I need to take a nap in the middle of the day is beyond me! I have enjoyed quite a few naps lately! :0)

For Christmas my sister and I made up a rolling cart of stamping supplies for my Sister-In-Law(Barb) and her children. Will this is the thank you card she sent me. Can you believe this is her FIRST card!!! My sister said maybe you showed her too well. She'll be out doing you in no time! I think she's right! Can you tell she's a natural!

Barb didn't miss a detail. She really did a wonderful job tying together the colors in the designer paper. I love how she used the brown ribbon, brown cardstock layer and brown ink on the butterfly. The lacy ribbon edge, popped up saying and the popped up butterfly with the sweet little pearl center makes this card a real winner! I can't wait to see what she will come up with next.

Now later today I will post my birthday card I made her. It turned out so cute. I used the items I got from Carly at Christmas. You will just love it!

OK, I want to address people having problems posting and even finding my blog. I left messages with blogger and have gone to their help center. I guess this is a common problem for blogger. SO I added more info and redid all the setting so anyone can post. So if you still have a problem with posting please email directly and I will post your comment for you. :0) It really is no bother so please feel free to email me if you have a problem.

stampinshirl@aol.com

Later tonight I will post the prize for this weeks mini blog candy from my earlier post. So stop back tonight. I think your going to love the new products, papers and matching embellishments!

As always, I wish you time to be creative but most of all time to stamp!

Till my next post...

17 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you are up and about. Take care.

    Babe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you are feeling much better.

    Natural?? Yeah she sure is! This is a gorgeous card! Would never believe that this was someone's first card if I didn't hear it from you LOL.

    The colour scheme is LOVELY .. she has tied in all those gorgeous colours in that strip of paper ... beautiful.

    Can't wait to see the Birthday card you made.

    Big Hugs ... xoxoxo Carly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Shirley! I miss you! Your SIL did a great job with her first card! That was a great gift for you and your sister to give to her. I am sure it was her favorite Christmas present! Have a great day. Lisa Sabula

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kudos to your SIL!! This is a great card. Hope that she's now hooked on paper crafts and card making.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hard to believe this is your sister-in-laws first card. She has to be hooked now! She did such a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shirley-- your sister-in-law's first card is awesome. I love the papers she used. (and the butterfly is too stinkin' cute)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love looking at cards! And she did a great job. It just shows that you're a great teacher! Hugs, Debb

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your sister-in-law did a terrific job for her first attempt! I think it is very professional!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's me again. I love the color combination your sister-in-law used. Very pretty. And I can't believe for her first card she did so much layering. My first card was very boring compared to her's. Yes, I think she is a natural. Beautiful job. I don't know what blogger has done to my name, guess it doesn't like Irish names. LOL

    Babe
    youiesmom@att.net

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh I teach classes and this is AN AWESOME first card... She will be making them all the time soon. Looks like she has that creative touch!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great job your sister in law did. I love teh color choices. She has a great teacher in you:)
    Michelle C
    mlcain0202@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really nice. I like colors and think this card is cool!
    She used a lot of techniques - layering,punching, matting, embellishments, and pop dots! WOW!!

    Looks like you gave her a really good class on card making. Mary may be right :) Linda N

    ReplyDelete
  13. First card?! Barb did a great job! I love it!

    Yes, I was having a terrible time posting. Hopefully, this will post. If not, thanks for the email tip.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful first card! I love her use of color and how she coordinated everything, using the pink lettering and pink butterfly to pull the pink from the paper on the left side of the card. Jill S. (buckeyejls@aol.com)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I forgot to comment on the card, she is really good she needs to be in our card group. WOW! Very impressed. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Shirley, Barb did such a nice job on your card. I love the way the card flows. I hate to say it but Barb has a gift for paper crafting.Mary G

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Shirley
    I can't believe this is her first card. It's beautiful. She needs to keep on stamping.
    Barb Mechling

    ReplyDelete