Sunday, September 9, 2012

Back To Stamping...Life Is Good!

Well, I sure have taken a hit health wise but I'm beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Today is going to be my first day out that isn't a doctors appointment. Yeah!

I meet at Red Letter Journals in Grove City for their monthly card swap. Heather does such a great job of teaching us a new technique to stamp one card. Then the next month we come back and bring 5 cards using that technique to swap. Some people like me make more than one set so you get more cards. I'm never disappointed. Everyone is so talented! I need to check to see if they will let me post them on my blog. :0)

So here are my 3 cards I made for today. Hope you like them.


I used all Stampin Up supplies except where noted. This card is done with Wisteria Wonder and Lucky Limeade. The stamps are from Nature Walk and Curly Cute. Wisteria Wonder Bakers Twine and Brad. I used a Sakura Clear Star pen to add some glitter to the flowers.(I wish it would have shown better on the pic)



This fun card is made with Early Espresso and Calypso Coral. The stamps used are from Reason To Smile and Wacky Wishes(love this fun new hostess set). Clear Itty Bitty Buttons tied with Early Espresso Bakers Twine. I used pop dots to lift the flowers in three different heights.

Last but not least my favorite of the three. :0)






Isn't this the cutest! I used stamps from Aviary and Tiny Tags. The colors are Early Espresso and Pool Party. The print paper is actually from the new Christmas paper pack called Festival Of Prints(who says you have to always use it for a holiday card). I used the Framelits Dies along with the Paper Piercing Pack. I love how it gives you a pattern to pierce around the layer, I think it gives it a bit of texture to the card. I used Pool Party Bakers Twine and since I punched a small hole to thread it through the spot above the birdcage, I used a small clear crystal gem from Want To Scrap to cover it. I think it makes the card. 


So I hope you'll take a moment to let me know which one you like the best.

As always I wish you time to be creative but most of all time to stamp!

Till my next post...

17 comments:

  1. OMG!!! I love all of them!!! If I had to choose a fav, it would probably be the bird one. While I absolutely love anything purple, I can't help but be drawn to the cute little birds. You are wildly talented!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love them all, but I do favor the red & black birthday one.

    P.S. I'm glad to hear your on the road to recovery!!!

    Sumi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Shirley - So Glad to hear you are feeling better now. I really enjoy all 3 of your cards. They are just beautiful! Since Amy and Sumi picked #2 and #3, I will pick #1 and force a tie! How about that? Jill

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I like the first one, the flowers are so nice. All of them are beautiful but the first is best that might be why you showed it in the first place spot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shirley,
    Of course I like #3, birds and birdcages!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love them all ... but like you Shirley .. the 3rd one ... the birds GORGEOUS!!

    xoxoxo Carly

    PS ... so glad you are back to crafting and feeling better :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Shirley, so glad you are back stamping. I love all your cards, but the third is so cute. Love the birdies and the color combo. So happy you're feeling better now.

    Hugs2U
    Babe

    ReplyDelete
  8. BOY,YOU DONT MAKE IT EASY TO CHOOSE. BUT IF I HAD MY PICK I WOULD CHOOSE THE FIRST CARD. LOVE YOU
    MARYANNE

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad you are feeling better!! The cards are so cute! I especially love the bird cage one :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Shirley - glad you are on the way to being healthy! They all are so cool - but I love flowers so - I LOVE, LOVE the wisteria one. HINT - maybe teach this at card class????????
    LindaN

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad to see you are getting better, wow too long to have talked to you. WOW! TOO LONG! Like the first card the most, it reminds of wind blowing flowers so gently. DianeM

    ReplyDelete
  12. these are all so awesome, hope you soon feel much better...have a wonderful week!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  13. Shirley I'm glad you're feeling, but it's been a long time. love the cards,all of them, but the bird cage is my fav. Millie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello Shirley, how are you doing? So finally you have got your kittens names :). Sorry for not being in touch for so long. I had been busy in finishing some so quit blogger world for sometime. Just few min back my husband called and said that I have courier and said your name :). Waiting for him to come home from offie. But A Big thanks to you dear. So sweet of you. Love you back.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like the bird cage card the best. It may come as a surprise to you since you know how much I like purple! I think the punched holes really set of the frame and mimic the paper background. Now I think I need to buy the paper piercing template. -Paula

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sorry to hear you have been ill. I love your cards that you swapped... Also thanks for all you kind words on my blog!

    ReplyDelete