Friday, May 18, 2012

Lego "Cake" And Cards



Aren't these just so stinkin' cute! It's my nephews birthday on the 22nd. I made him a card and his brother(I didn't want him to feel too left out). I made them each a bit different but I just love how they both turned out!

I cased the bottom card from a card on Splitcoast Stampers. I used the exact colors and set up with the exception my sentiment is different. Her's was an open Happy Birthday, with the letters all colored in the different bright colors of the Legos.

The cards were so fun to make and they really look so much better than my picture shows. I had tried to put the "dots of color" on the cake to make it look like Legos but it ended up looking so awful I just remade it plain. I guess I should have made some kind of boxes instead of "cake slices". I agree with his Mom, the cash in each little slice will be a hit no matter what it looks like! You have to love an easy going Mom! She really knows how to go with the flow!  :0)

Well, enough of a break. Back to my finish my second purge. WHEN DID I BUY ALL THIS STUFF!!! LOL

Take care and I'll be back soon with more pictures from the purge.

Till my next post...Happy Stamping!

12 comments:

  1. my little grandson is a lego himself! all he ever wants for any celebration. this is so cute!! Millie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh these are fabulous!!! Those lego blocks on the card are perfect! and I love the bright coloured cakes slices.

    They are going to totally love these!!!

    You are just too creative!

    Have fun decluttering :) Oh how I adore your craft room. I would come and declutter it for you LOL .... but you may never get rid of me :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are darling lego cards, nice bright colors. Your nephews will love those cake slices too. What a great auntie you are!!!!

    Hugs,
    Babe

    ReplyDelete
  4. My nephew used to love Legos. I have lots of pictures Of his creations. Yours' is really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So stinkin' cute!!! You've inspired me to do a little purging of my own. I'm thinking if I haven't used it in the past couple of years, I don't need it. Wish me luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh so cute and adorable. What a great idea. Happy Birthday so special just you like you Shirley. Diane M
    PS 1# Fan President for Shilrey

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh what wonderful cards! I must say they are so much better in person. If I didn't know better I actually thought I could pick one up and use it to build something. What a fantastic job.I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just adorable, Shirley! My grand daughter and grand son both love legos. The cake is cute too and so fun to fill with surprises and watch the kids open them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Shirley - you have GOT to teach the Lego card at card class!! My grandson is a Lego fanatic and he has a birthday next month. LindaN

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the lego cards. I may have to lift this for my newphews bday card.
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love how this turned out!! Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete