Friday, October 28, 2011

Halloween Treat Boxes For Card Night



Hello my stamping friends!

Tonight is are Ladies Card Night. Usually we exchange cards but this month we could do a winter theme cards or a Halloween Treat. These are my treat boxes.

When I made my brothers "black cake", I made some extra pieces of the "cake". (see early blog post of cake) I guess the "2 Joes" from Create & Craft are rubbing off on me! They are always making the most awesome items with found or recycled items. Now, I feel like I can't waste a thing. :0) So I used them for my treat boxes. And I loved how they turned out!

Now for the details on what I used:

All supplies are from Stampin Up except the Orange Stickles and the pie shape die from Sizzix.(those I got from Diane from Scrapbook Additions)

I used the 2 1/2 inch punch to make the moon. I punched it out of Whisper White cardstock and sponged it first with More Mustard Ink than Pumpkin Pie Ink. I stamped the Owl with Basic Black Ink Pad onto Whisper White cardstock and colored in the beak and bag with Pumpkin Pie marker. I than stamped an extra image for the Trick-or-Treat bag, cut it out and popped it up with a Stampin Dimensional. For the finishing touch on the owl I used the orange Stickles for the mask and on the bag. I tried to make purple ones for 2 of the girls I know that like purple but it didn't work. It was just too dark and you couldn't see the face on the bag...bummer!(Sorry Mary & Paula)

I had first started out using glitter paper cut out to make the mask. After cutting out 2 of them I went to using the stickles. I like it much better. Ok, truth be told it was easier to do the stickles! HA! Which do you like better the silver glitter mask or the orange stickles mask?

Well, I had started my holiday cards for the swap so I may just finish them up just in case someone decided to do cards. It pays to be prepared. :0)

As always I wish you time to be creative but most of all time to stamp! And thanks again for all your comments! I appreciate each and every one of them! :0)

Till my next post...

PS: TWO DAYS TO THE NEW BLOG CANDY!

5 comments:

  1. Your treat boxes are wonderful. Such a great project and those owls look fantastic. I really like both the silver and orange as the mask colour but if I had to choose just one.... I suppose I'd say silver.
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute, Shirley! See you tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These treat boxes are too cute. Love them. I like both of the glitters, bur the orange stickles one is so colorful and festive, I'd pick that one. Have a great weekend.

    Babe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your treat boxes, my husband knew we were doing the reat boxes and raided me today for some goodies. Funny man DianeM
    Loved Mary's chocolate

    ReplyDelete
  5. We all got some great treat boxes! It was so nice to be able to be together again! I'm just sorry that I wasn't able to finish watching Bridesmaids with you!

    Jeanne

    ReplyDelete