Sunday, February 17, 2013

Sunday Stamping With Shirley

Hello and hope your Sunday is going well!

Today I am using one of my new stamps from VersesRubberStamps. com. It's "The Rose Speaks". 

I took an online class to learn how to make these roses. There a lot easier than they look! As you can see you get different shapes and a CD with the pdf file so I could just cut out the petals with my Zing. I don't know what I would do with out my Zing Cutting Machine. It makes light work of cutting out lots of little things like this. Here is a link for more information on the incredible Zing! http://www.createncraft.com/shop/zing-cutting-machine-package

Here is a quick pic of some of the shapes I learned how to use with the class. Can you guess which ones I used to make the rose?  (Post your answer on this post to win a fun blog prize. I'll draw for it next Sunday) Good Luck!

 

Now for some details on how I made this card. First off I used Versamark ink to stamp the Old Olive base card. I love the soft watermark detail it gives to the background. I used a stamp from Close To My Heart set called Happy Valentines Day. It was one of there stamps of the month. 


I then stamped the sentiment from VersesRubberStamps.com  in Memento Tuxedo Black and cut out with Labels Collection Framelits. I then cut out the next layer size up and used the matching piercing mat from Stamping Up. What a great way to add even more texture to the matting! 

I punched out two different colors of greenery using Martha Stewart's tiny pine branch and Little Leaves Sizzlits from Stampin Up. I like the contrast of the Certain Celery and the Old Olive together.  So then it was just a matter of putting all the pieces together. I added pop dots to the layered sentiment. I doubled up the pop dots so I could give it a bit more lift off the card base. That way I could layer the greenery from under it to give it a bit more depth. I love how that turned out. I used glue dots to adhere the greenery and rose. The only thing I wished I had done was maybe use a sponge dauber with some soft pink on the rose petals. I feared doing afterwards because I just knew I would smear the card! LOL Now I will have to make another and see which way I like it better. :0)

I can't thank Connie and Kat from Verses Rubber Stamps enough for their faith in me to use their wonderful stamps and choosing me to be part of their fabulous design team! I'm having a ball! By the end of next week I should have a decent picture sent to them and my bio to be put on their website! WOO HOO! It's all so exciting!!! 

So here you go. Enjoy the pictures!(remember you just need to click on any given picture to enlarge it if you need to see it a bit closer)



And NEVER worry about mailing thick embellished cards! These clear boxes from Clear Bags are a blessing! Not only does it make receiving the card fun it protects them so well. And you know the postal carries love seeing our works of art! :0)

Well, that's it for this Sunday. Have a great week! I hope you have time to be creative but most of all time to stamp!

Don't forget to post your guess on which shape I used to make the roses.(oh and the pearl centers are from the wedding dept at JoAnn's)

Till my next post...

14 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card.I love everything about this card.I think that you used the purple and green flower shapes for your rose.I am not sure about the extra color on the rose, I think it is perfect the way it is.Batia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!! And congrats on the design gig! My guess is that you used ALL the shapes for your rose!
    Thanks and hugs!
    Debb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for sharing your creativity. I like the hints you gave about the framelits and paper piercing. My guess is the 5 petal "daisy" as the basis for your great roses.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another amazing card! Your work is always so neat, elegant, and beautiful. I definitely need you to show me the Stampin' Up piercing tool. That looks like something I may definitely have to have!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card. Stmaps are truely amazing from VRS. Beautiful creation. These kind of roses are made with those purple & green 5 petal shape color shapes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You never disappoint! Beautiful :) My guess is you used the 5 pedal flower shape to make the rose. Maybe in different sizes? Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card Shirley.... I would say you have used the 5 petal punched pieces.

    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your card Shirley, I think the watermarking adds such an eloquent touch. I think you used the 5 petal daisy shapes for our rose.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG!!! The roses are absolutely gorgeous, what am I saying? All your work is!! I think the daisy shape is what you used for the rose. When do we get to learn this?

    Jeanne S.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your roses are to die for!!! I have flower envy!!! I just love your card! Congrats on the design team gig, how awesome. Thanks so much for the wonderful commment. I appreciate it so much. Hugs, Carla

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is stunning and gorgeous and fabulous and did I say stunning already :)

    Love it.

    xoxoxoxo
    PS I think you used a daisy one ...... beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW!!!!! this card is so gorgeous! I think you used the green and purple flowers. I am not sure of the name of the punch you used but my pick is the green and purple.Karla R.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Shirley this card is just wonderful I love the rose. The quality of your work is outstanding. I think you used the green and purple flowersto make the rose I am not sure how many you use to get this look.Regina

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! What a beautiful dimensional card. The roses are so perfect. You blow me over with your talent. Miss you DianeM

    ReplyDelete