Sunday, February 3, 2013

Sunday Stamping With Shirley

Hello Everyone!

Has a week gone by already?! I have had a busy week stamping. I can't wait to post a few more of my cards in the next few days. But even better was a trip down with Betty Scott(Joe Rotella's sister) to actually see Verses Rubber Stamps warehouse and meet Kat in person! I have to say it was GREAT!!! Let me tell you I have a new appreciation for the work that goes into the stamps I receive when I order from them. The warehouse is very clean and so organized! Even though Kat has a very busy schedule she was able to fit Betty and I in for a little tour and lunch with us. It was a great trip. We also stopped by a new rubber stamp store. You'll have to wait till my next post to here all about it along with a card I made with a stamp I bought there.

Today I would like to share another card made with stamps from VersesRubberStamps.com. This is such a versatile stamp. On my last post I talked about using an oldie but goodie stamping technique. It's called "Omit Stamping".  I'm sure many of you know it's when you only ink up part of the stamp and use it. When I saw this stamp I knew immediately I could use it with this technique. As you can see this stamp has a great Happy Birthday Font. Perfect alone or with the sentiment.

On the first card.I went for bright vibrant colors in shades of orange, turquoise, and red. I stamped a few of the words in those colors and popped them up and used matching papers and buttons to tie it all together. I needed white dots on the paper but sometimes you just have to improvise. So, I colored the pink dots with a white gel pen. It made all the difference.

On the second card I used the omit stamping technique and used a black marker to ink up just the "Happy Birthday" portion of the stamp. Isn't it a great font! I love the look of it. I think it works well with the cute image from Penny Black Stamps and the chicken wire background stamp from Stampin up.

So without further ado...two cards made with the same stamp. Let me know what you think of using just part of this stamp. Next Sunday I will draw from your comments for a very fun blog candy give-a-way! Good luck all!







Take care all and have a wonderful week filled with time to be creative but most of all time to stamp!

Till my next post...

10 comments:

  1. What a cute cow card! BUT I like the first one better. You were able to remind me of more possibilities of stamping, for that I thank you! Now, what's this about taking such an awesome tour and not letting the Queens & Divas know so that we could crash the fun? :D

    Jeanne S.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't decide which I like more! I love the bright colors in the red card, but the cow and chicken stamp is just too, too, too cute! I always learn something new from you - I would never have thought to color the pink dots with the white pen! Your work is always so clean and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute!! I really like the red card the best (which is odd, because I'm not a red/white/blue kinda person in terms of colors). Using only part of a stamp is a GREAT idea!

    Thank you for going to Cincy for me! So glad you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your cards! What great ideas you have, and it was so good to meet you yesterday at RLJ in Grove City.
    Becky S.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your cards! What great ideas you have, and it was so good to meet you yesterday at RLJ in Grove City.
    Becky S.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like the cow card it makes you smile. You are so very talented I am so happy to have found your blog.Jennifer M

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Shirley, you are so creative. Love what you did with the gel pen polka dots. I like both cards, the colorful one is amazing and the cow card is so dang cute. Glad you had a chance to take a little trip. I'm sure you had a fabulous time.

    Hygs2U
    Babe

    ReplyDelete
  8. very innovative... love the idea. will try once... card is truely beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Shirley, Love both cards. I'll have to try the colored dots. I'm partial to cows. Hugs to you and Lee.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this card so beautiful. I am disappointed I missed the blog candy. DianeM

    ReplyDelete