Sunday, February 10, 2013

Sunday Stamping With Shirley & The Blog Winner Is...

Hello Everyone!

Let's get the blog winner out of the way first. :0) I want to thank everyone who commented on last weeks blog post. I drew the winner from the 8 people who commented. The winner is...

Jennifer M.

Jennifer, if you would please email me with your address. I will mail it out as soon as I hear from you. Thank you again for your kind comment! Here is a picture of what you won. A 25 count pack of cards and envelopes, a fun set of clear acrylic stamps from Stampendous and 5 packs of self adhesive bling from Want 2 Scrap. Enjoy!



And now for my cards for this Sunday. I used the verse stamp "The Woods" from VersesRubberStamps.com and the wooded background stamp from Northwoods Rubber Stamps. I got the wooded background stamp from Simply Said Rubber Stamps in Loveland, Ohio. It's the cutest little stamp store! I enjoyed meeting the owner, Joan. And her husband was there too. He was hard at work. You have to love a hubby who is such a great support to his wife! :0)

This first card I used dies from Memory Box(pictured) and the grass was a die from My Favorite Things. I loved using the brown and pinks together. I guess I was feeling like having a bit of Spring finally, even if it was only on a card! It took a bit of time to gently glue each little leaf and flower but I think the end result is simply lovely.





 And for my last card I used "The Woods" stamp from Northwoods Rubber Stamps with the same verse stamp. Two different looks but I think both lovely. I used copic marker C00 to shade the trees(which doesn't show up too well in this picture) and three shades of green markers to color the greenery and chose the matching Lucky Limeade green shade cardstock from Stampin Up To use as the border. I'll be sad when they discontinue this color of green. It's one of my favorites right now. 


 Well, that's all for this Sunday. I always enjoy reading your comments. Let me know which card you liked best. 

Take care and I wish you a week filled with creativity and of course some time for stamping!

Till my next post...

10 comments:

  1. I love the fine detail work of your cards.It is very hard to pick a card they both take your breath away, they are simply beautiful.I can honestly say You are the most talented crafter I have seen anywhere.Tammy T.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow... these dies are undoubtedly amazing...... they are awesome must say. in few mins a card will look great with their use. superb creations & quotes.

    Congratuations to the winner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous!!! Love the sentiment and the dies - WOW!! You know I'll be asking to borrow those!! Beautiful, detailed work - as always! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shirley, I like the beech trees the best with the Lucky Limeade. Extra point for using Copics. You were nuts to glue all those leaves on the other one!! Love ya, Paula

    ReplyDelete
  5. Joe, when you're done borrowing, send them my way. Shirley, if I sit beside you at the next class, well, will some of your talent scamper across the table towards me? The stamps and dies this time are just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. amazing cards! I just love all the little details! What a great set of dies too....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Once again, I am blessed to be part of your circle so I can benefit from your talent!! Wonderful card!

    Jeanne S.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! These are among the most amazing cards I have seen! I love the last one with the Lucky Limeade! Excellent cards, Shirley!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH WOW! these are gorgeous! what lovely dies and you have used them so beautifully.

    xoxox Carly

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations Jennifer ... and thank you Shirley for sharing your gorgeous project with us .. and giving us the chance to win the amazing prize.

    ReplyDelete