Sunday, January 27, 2013

Sunday Stamping With Shirley

Hello Everyone!

As you know I was fortunate to be chosen to be on the design team for Verses Rubber Stamps(versesrubberstamps.com). Over the past few months I have been trying to take better care of myself and get better organized with my busy schedule. Being on this design team is a dream come true and I really want to do a great job for the company. So to do this right I will be posting cards using their stamps on Sundays. It will make for an easy fit into my schedule. Today, I'm going to share a quick but cute little card.

With all the snow on the ground I can't help but think of spring. And this little bird stamp just brings thoughts of spring to mind. Of course the Verses Stamp is perfect for this image. This has to be one of my three favorite stamps they sent me. I will be using it again and again. If you only knew how may bird stamps I had you'd faint! LOL

The supplies I used are:

Stamp: Bird Doesn't Sing from versesrubberstamps.com
             Bird stamp on front and inside from Stampin Up(discontinued)

Ribbon: Early Espresso Grosgain

Paper: Whisper White, Chocolate Chip from Stampin Up

Ink: Chocolate Chip from Stampin Up

Markers: Stampin Up in Bashful Blue, Marina Mist, Baja Breeze, Wild Wasabi, Old Olive and Pumpkin Pie

Miscellaneous: Zot Dot(to hold ribbon in place, Sizzix Ornate Card XL Die(white layer shape was cut with it) and Tombow adhesive

So here are the pictures. I like to always stamp a bit or decorate with matching cardstock inside the card for a nice finishing touch.  Sorry they are a bit blurry but I'm working on my camera skills. I just wish you could see the lovely blending of the blues on the bird better. It looks much better in person! :0)


So that's just a quick card for today. Hope you will stop back next Sunday to check out my next cards. I have one done right now(I'm sooooo excited to share this one with you) but I have to finish up the other cards using the same stamp. I want to show how versatile the stamps are in using them in a different ways. I also be using an oldie but goodie technique.

Take care and as always I wish you time to be creative but most of all time to stamp!

Till my next post...

11 comments:

  1. So incredibly cute! Love the colors - but of course, they are signature Shirley colors! I especially love the little birds on the inside. Beautiful work as always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you finished off the inside.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the birdie card. So cute!!!! I like the inside too.

    Hugs2U,
    Babe

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a nice card! We are always looking forward to your new designs! Once again, you do not disappoint!

    Jeanne S.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shirley, this is a very pretty card. You say it is simple, but it looks like you put a lot of thought into it, and doesn't look all that simple. Hope you stay in good health, and I know you will do a good job for the design team. No doubt about that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so beautiful!!! LOVE IT!! (and love you too!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shirley this card is so cute.You did not miss any details.Even the ribbon is perfect.I just love it I hope you don't mind if I copy this for my friends.Batia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just great, as all your creations are!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is so great. Beautiful love the bird. Your love for birds is rubbing off on me. LOL DianeM

    ReplyDelete
  10. gorgeous! I love the colours and the birds. The whole card is sensational and I love the way how you decorate the inside as well.

    Looking forward to seeing the next creation!

    Congratulations on being asked to be on the DT ... so happy for you.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. its great card. love that bird border... sentiment is cool....

    ReplyDelete