Friday, July 27, 2012

Here is Joe Rotella's Completed "Ocean" Chipboard Album

Can we say FABULOUS!!!! 

I know everyone will look forward to your updated photo's taken in "daylight". 

For all my blog followers if you leave a comment on this post about what you like best. You will be entered into another separate blog candy prize! So let's hear what you think!

Stamping hugs,

Shirley 

 

 

Want2Scrap Ocean Album Using Graphic 45 Travelogue & ArtGlitter

by Joe Rotella on July 27, 2012
Want2Scrap is teaming up this week to bring you tons of inspiration using Want2Scrap, Graphic 45, and Art Glitter products!
With a combination like that, and the recent launch of my first set of products, I couldn’t resist using my Ocean Album for this hop. All the papers used in this project came from a single 12×12 pad of Graphic45 Tropical Travelogue.
Here’s the sneak peak I share yesterday on Facebook. The sun was shining bright when I took this photo so it’s a great representation of the colors in the album.
Ocean Album with Graphic45 Travelogue and Art Glitter Sneak Peak
Joe Rotella's Ocean Album from Want2Scrap
Unfortunately, tonight we had severe storms in Columbus, Ohio and the sky was dark. These photos were taken indoors with the best lighting I could pull together. As soon as I can replace them with outdoor shots, I’ll update this post.
 Sea Horse with Graphic45 Travelogue and Art Glitter I covered the sea horse with Graphic45′s Tropical Travelogue paper using Perfect Paper Adhesive. To give the seahorse texture, I created my own stencil and embossed it with USArtQuest’s 101 Light Artists Cement that was tinted with Perfect Pigment. Art Glitter sprinkled on while the cement was still wet added a sparkle! Of course, his eye is bling from Want2Scrap!
 Coral with Graphic45 Travelogue and Art Glitter The coral was also covered in Graphic45′s Tropical Travelogue paper and then inked. Want2Scrap pearls in 3 different sizes reminded me of the texture of real coral. The bottom of the piece was covered with 101 Light Artists Cement and coral, shells, sea glass and mica were embedded in the cement. The starfish using USArtQuest Prills. The fish and sign are fussy cut from Travelogue papers.
The small purple and green coral are the branches from my Retro Birds set from Want2Scrap! They have been painted shades of purple and green.
Joe Rotella's Retro Birds from Want2Scrap
 Shell with Graphic45 Travelogue and Art Glitter The shell was painted white and then pearl with Perfect Pigments. Pink lines were drawn with a colors pencil and then it was “blinged up” with Want2Scrap bling!
 Angel Fish with Graphic45 Travelogue and Art Glitter The angel fish is covered with Graphic45′s Tropical Travelogue paper. To create the yellow stripes, I covered a piece of yellow paper with Cut Bond Create. Next I cut out the stripe shapes and then adhered them to the fish with Great Tape. I peeled off the top layer of the Cut Bond Create and applied yellow glitter from Art Glitter.
The eye was made by applying Cut Bond Create to a small white circle. A black rhinestone from Want2Scrap forms the center of the eye. The rest was covered in white glitter from Art Glitter.
 Turtle with Graphic45 Travelogue and Art Glitter The turtle shell was covered with Graphic45′s Tropical Travelogue paper, cut in to “tile shapes” on top of a base layer of paper. The entire piece was covered with embossing ink and then heat embossed with ultra thick embossing enamel (UTEE). The end result looks like a real shell!
 Back of Turtle with Graphic45 Travelogue and Art Glitter The back of the turtle, the last page of the album, is covered in Graphic45′s Tropical Travelogue paper.
I plan to continue working on this album, adding pockets, embellishments and, of course, photos and journaling!
Be sure to check out the fabulous projects made by today’s other two Want2Scrap designers:
And after you check that out, head over to Graphic 45 , and Art Glitter‘s blogs and see the projects made by their talented teams.
Want2Scrap is giving away a $100 Gift Certificate to one lucky commenter who comments on the designers blogs as well as the Want2Scrap blog! Stop by the Want2Scrap Facebook Page this week and tell them you joined in the hop for a second chance to win a prize!
Graphic 45 Art Glitter

Want2Scrap Logo
Happy crafting!
Joe

23 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness ...!!!! Fabulous!
    What do I like best .... oh I don't know ... ALL OF IT!

    I adore sea horses and used to keep some as pets ... years ago .... so the sea horse is my favourite.

    Wow the effects and techniques are just stunning! I'm going back for another look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yeah and another reason I love the Sea Horse is because Madalyn (3 years old) calls them Sea Sauces ..... so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! Joe is ridiculous! I got to see this in person - nah, nah, na, boo, boo! It is gorgeous! The turtle is amazing! Who am I kidding - it's all amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This album is stunning - as I said earlier, Joe's Ocean album is my favorite. I love the attention to detail with each piece and how the papers perfectly fit each page of the album. Do you suppose Joe will do a class with this album? Love it! Jill S.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do like Joe's Ocean album, but the Corset album is my favorite! Sexy, saucey and slinky!

    Jeanne S.

    ReplyDelete
  6. As to your album, Shirley, I adore the clam shell best of the album, but love the whole album!

    Jeanne S.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How bright and vibrant! Create & Craft they are just amazing! CLASSES! CLASSES!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG, I loved it all!! Hard to believe it all came from the chipboard in your video. Joe is simply amazing. I love the angel fish. We had some at one time and they are so graceful as they swim around the aquarium. The colors are fabulous. This ocean album is the most gorgeous thing I've seen in a long time. Kudos to Joe.

    Babe

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm not the least bit surprised. I've come to expect the best from Joe, and, as usual, he has given it! What a fantastic album he has created!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great album....I love all the texture and the colors are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I absolutely love this album! My son is a scuba diver and I have beautiful pictures that would prove a terrific accent for Joe's amazing work of art!

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVELY, I SOOOooo want this set, you did a great job finishing it up!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, it's even better than I imagined! Wooooohooooo, great job!!!!
    Hugs,
    Debb

    ReplyDelete
  14. All of the color, texture, and details and left me breathless.
    Joe's work is better than s**!

    Terri H

    ReplyDelete
  15. WoW! Talented, there is nothing out there like this. Unique and beautiful. DianeM

    ReplyDelete
  16. I would love to do one of these. I have a cousin who is into Sponge Bob. I would love to make one for him special.Karla R

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW this is realy cool.I love the coral I just want to touch it. I hope Joe will give a class on these.Jennifer M

    ReplyDelete
  18. this is beyond cool.I love the coral, he did such an amazing job.Dawna K

    ReplyDelete
  19. I like the coral best because I love the color! It all really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am taken with the Seahorse. If I Lived in your area I would be so happy to meetJoe and find out how he did all of these amazing pages. I will keep my eyes on his web page to see if he does a video on each of the diffrent techniques.Batia

    ReplyDelete
  21. I like the shell it is so elegant.Linda in Texas

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love how Joe did the Seahorse. The whole book is fabulous. Thanks for Sharing and a chance to win.
    Michelle C

    ReplyDelete
  23. I like the coral it looks so good.I hope Joe will teach a class on the how he made each of the diffrent pages.

    ReplyDelete