Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Got Lobster???


Yep it was a lobster. I saw this idea on Lynn Pratt's website in 2010 and have been waiting for the right moment to use it. Our dear friend Joe Rotella's favorite meal is lobster and what better excuse to use it! It is made with punches except for the lemons. They are from the Tart & Tangy Stampin Up set(now retired) stamped and cut out. The sentiment is computer generated on whisper white cardstock. I couldn't get the little legs on the lobster sides right so after a few tries I finally gave up and figured this was as good as it would get!  LOL

If you would like to see how it should really look you can check out Lynn Pratt's website Stamp-N-Design, her August 5, 2010 post. It's much better than mine!

Lee and I gave this to our dear friend Joe Rotella along with his birthday card I made using the brayer techniques I learned from a class I took from Michelle Zindorf.


 Above is just the card and below we set in a gift box of craft colored shreds. We can't wait to take him out for his birthday dinner!
 Here is the birthday card(sorry not such a good picture).

I hope you enjoyed the pictures as much as I did making them.

Later this evening I will post the new blog candy. Think Summer Fun!

Till my next post...



10 comments:

  1. Wow...the lobster came out good enough to eat..so cute and finger licking cute..heeee..thanks for sharing.loved it

    ReplyDelete
  2. How clever! You cease to amaze me, Shirley!!

    Sumi P.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I meant to say ... "you never cease to amaze me!!"

    Sumi P.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These cards are absolutely gorgeous!! The pictures simply do not do them justice! The shading on the lobster is incredible - it looks like it is going to scamper right off the card. And the reflection card is more than a card - it's a work of art! I'm going to find a way to frame it.

    Thank you so very, very much for the kind birthday wishes, cards and gift!! I'm proud and happy to call you and Lee my friends!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shirley, you did a fabulous job on that lobster. What a great idea and I'm sure Joe loved it. And that reflection card is a masterpiece. Shirley, you are so talented. Thanks for sharing these with us.

    Babe

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shirley I am in love with your second card... fabulous.. love that mirroer image effect so much...... surely gonnna try this.... Loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooing it

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love love love the lobster, even if it was lifted from someone else :-) I can really appreciate how much thought and work goes into making a card for a friend who is an artist in their own right. So much pressure! As if I've never felt THAT before! Paula

    ReplyDelete
  8. the lobster is great ... but that Birthday card WOW! Gorgeous!!! WOW .. how did you do it???

    xoxxo Carly

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Impressive, great card, Shirley you are so talented. Card is fantastic. DianeM

    ReplyDelete