Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Quick Update On Lee & Some Flowerbed Pictures :0)

 Hello my dear blog followers,

I thought I would add a few of the pictures from my flowerbeds. Of course I never got them finished(when Lee gets home from the hospital I can finish them off). I think some of the "weeds" are the prettiest flowers! :0) And how about our toad? Cool huh? We have a bunch of them and the little ones are so cute!!!
 I love dandelions. They remind me of my Grandma Reams. She would let me help her pick them along with greens. Then she cooked the greens up and shared them with me. I love the bright cheery yellow of them.
My sister gifted me with  trumpet and honeysuckle plants and they are now starting to bloom. I wish I could have caught the hummingbird drinking form this one. How Lee and I love to watch the hummingbirds.
This isn't such a great picture of this Coral Bell plant(I hadn't weeded around it yet). My sister got me 2 of these and they are so lovely. The green base is so soft and low to the ground, the flowers are shaped like little bells that come up on a wispy greenish-brown stem and the beautiful pinky-peach color is a stand out. The flowers just sway in the breeze. Such a pretty plant!


And now for an update on Lee. This morning the doctors got the test back from all his cultures. It turns out he has TWO infections running through him right now! No wonder he got sick so quick! Sadly, there is no oral antibiotic strong enough that would take care of the infections. So he will be in the hospital till he runs the course of antibiotics intravenously. :0(  

I just wanted to let everyone know although I am tied up running back and forth to the hospital that I will have some fun surprises coming your way when he gets home! I still have some packages here that need mailed out and I will take care of all  of them on Friday. :0)

Take care and thank you for all your comments and well wishes. I have passed them all along to Lee. I will try to check all my emails later this evening when I get home. Bear with me I WILL get to all your emails! 

Big Stamping Hugs,
Shirley
XOXOX

9 comments:

  1. Here's to quick recovery ♥ your flowers are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You take care of Lee (and yourself) first and foremost!!!! We don't want you wearing yourself down until you get sick... we need you to stay healthy and strong. Prayers coming your way for Lee's speedy recovery!

    Your garden is coming along beautifully!!!

    Sumi P.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear that Lee is not feeling well, but glad that he is getting the antibiotics he needs in the hospital. Hope he has a fast recovery. Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah! I get your posts via email now so I won't miss a thing! I'm on the phone with Lee right now - you know I have to check on him every day :) He sounds great and I know he's getting better every day! Take care of yourself and Lee, take a deep breath and know lots of folks love you both!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying that Lee recovers quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Shirley,take care of yourself and Lee. give him a hug for me. I hope you don't mind but I just told Ernie about it. praying for a full recovery. Millie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so pleased to hear your update Shirley ... I have been worried. Thank goodness Lee is in the hospital and getting the care he needs. But are you getting the care you need?? You better be! or else! I wish I could package myself up and send myself to you so that I could take care of your housework, cooking, gardening and give you some company.

    Thinking of you both. ...... Lots of Love Carly

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope Lee is home soon. And you, dear friend, take care of yourself. I'll be calling you next week.

    Hugs and Love to you both,
    Babe

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice to get some updates about your dear husband. I kept him in my morning prayers. He will soon be at home, dont worry. Do take care, it hurts so much after having medicines intravenously.....

    Love
    Bhawana

    ReplyDelete