Friday, May 11, 2012

It's That Time If Year Again...VACATION!!!





Hello my dear blog followers!

Yes, it's that time again. Vacation Time! As of noon today through Sunday the 20th I will be on vacation. My sister and I have lots of plans for our "working vacation". I'll take some pictures and fill you in when my vacation is over. I'm sure both my sister and I will need a week to recover! LOL

I just love how this cuckoo clock came out! I tried to get a good picture of how the crystal lacquer makes the handles of the clock and the leaves look like smooth polished wood.

The supplies I used were:

All Stamps From  one of my ALL TIME FAVORITE RUBBER STAMP COMPANIES,  Rubber Baby Buggy Bumpers. They are no longer in business but you can still get these and some of there other stamps from Stamp Francisco Rubber Stamps. :0)
 (all unmounted prices)
Cuckoo Clock  $10.79
Open Door  $3.90
It's That Time ... $4.19
Lil' Cuckoo Bird  $3.90
(they also have Lil' Pumkinhead. Lil' Turkey, Lil' Bunny and Li' Jack In the Box Birthday. so you could do one for a different holiday...too funny!)

Stampin Up items:
naturals cardstock
baja breeze designer series paper
crumb cake ink pad(distressing around edge of DSP paper and stamped sentiment)
baja breeze and bashful blue ink pens(coloring birds)
crystal effects
dimensionals
adhesive tape
tombow mono adhesive(clock dial and bird at top of clock)

other items:
Stazon Timber Brown ink
itty bitty spring from Create & Craft(we used these in our Halloween Pop-UP Card Class) 
scotch regular tape(to attach itty bitty spring)
Copic Markers: E31, E33, E35, E37 & E57


I just wanted to point out I used two dimensionals under the door frame and colored the sides with copic markers so they blended in with the card more. I also didn't use a dimensional under the bird at top or the clock but just added the extra images with tombow mono adhesive.

I'm in a Rubber Stamp Round Robin and it's for unmounted only. You put some in and switch them with some of the ones in the box when you get it. This was round two. I will be putting these stamps in and I've chosen a  few that I will have to make some cards and share here. What a fun idea to swap unwanted stamps. Hope Joe Morgan will like these stamps! I am also sending this card along to him. 

Well, enjoy my vacation! I'm sure some of you could use a break form me! LOL :0)

I will see you all in 10 days!

Till my next post...keep stamping!
xoxoxox

8 comments:

  1. Super cute clock card! Have a great vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a fun vacation. Talk to you soon. You'll probably not get my package in time, so enjoy it when you return.

    Babe

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice card, have a great vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy! Enjoy! Enjoy! We'll trade vacation stories when you get back.

    Jeanne S.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a fabulous clock! I've always wanted a cuckoo clock ... I've always loved them ... I gave up trying to find one that I could afford and made a Kaisercraft cuckoo clock instead ... not the real thing but nice.

    This is so gorgeous .... and I love that funny bird on the front of the clock face! gee he makes me giggle.

    Have a wonderful holiday ...... I'll miss you though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will miss you Shirley! Love you Tonya

    ReplyDelete