Sunday, May 6, 2012

Card Swap At Red Letter Journals Today...Naked Chipboard








Hello my dear blog followers,

I'm sure I've mentioned before that the first Sunday of each month is "Card Swap" at Red Letter Journals in Grove City, Ohio. I joined the group just 3 months ago. Each month Heather teaches a technique or use of a new product. Then the following month you come back with 6 cards using that technique or product to swap. It's a fun way to use what you learn and then see what everyone else is making. There are some amazing card makers in the group. I have had to step up my game with this group! :0)

Last month we learned how to use "naked chipboard". We covered it with the new WASHI TAPE(hint ...next blog candy). Well, I had some old "So Tweet" chipboard from Stampin Up. I thought Oh this will be easy to use. I thought I could paint the feet and beak. What a mess I made! This is what I ended up with. It CASED from another Stampin Up Demonstrator. Her name is Connie Collins. Her web site is "Constantly Stamping"(there is a link to her blog here on my webpage under blogs I follow). She did this card and I just loved it. Her's was bigger and the placement of the scallop circles did not touch. I turned my card into a A2 size, used different greenery(I had to add more using the Martha Stewart little pine branch punch...one of my favorites), different sentiment and since it was smaller my scallops overlapped and I didn't add any bling.(she had a little gem on her sentiment).

One of the nice thing about the stamping community is the willingness to share their ideas and talent. When ever I am stuck for an idea of how to use a product I have purchased it only takes a moment to surf the web to find lots of ideas!

I hope everyone will like my card. This is not one of my best but I gave chipboard a try. I have decided I will not use chipboard again unless it's already decorated! LOL

Well, I need to get on the stick and get going. Lee will be going with me today. Even Lee is getting to know some of the stampers! There are men and women. We have such a great group! So if your local and  interested to see what's up stop by and check out the group. You will be amazed by the creations you will see! We meet at 3PM.

As always I wish you time to be creative but most of all time to stamp!

Till my next post...

6 comments:

  1. these are so darn cute!!! I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your cards....they were the first ones that caught my eye on the table when we arrived. They are so cute! I was hoping Ahlex or I would be in your swap group...but neither of us were :( I'm so glad you added them to your blog. I'll have to try to make one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These cards are so cute they make you smile ear to ear.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cards are so cute! I may have to case your card. You did a wonderful job. Wish I lived closer to join you all at Red Letter Journal. It sounds so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE IT!!!! wow! the design and the colour scheme are totally gorgeous.

    Hmmm I was wondering what a card swap was .. but silly me you had explained it before. Its such a great idea!!

    You are right about the crafting community ...... we are so lucky to be a part of it and meet such great, creative and generous people.

    I haven't really tried chipboard ... besides a letter ... and these look fabulous ....

    and that tape! its all the rage isn't it .... I've yet to try that too LOL .... but the result is stunning!

    xoxoxo Carly

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cards are extremely cute! I simply love the colors! You have a great eye for color and design. Always just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete