Thursday, March 8, 2012

365 Days Challenge Day 7




Hello my dear blog followers!

I had stumbled this a website that has a card challenge everyday.(hopefully the page will come up so you can see the challenge.)

http://365cards.blogspot.com/2012/03/day-7-color-scheme.html

This was day 7. Three colors were the challenge. They were a green, purple and turquoise color.

I used Perfect Plum, Certain Celery and Tempting Turquoise along with the polka-a-dot paper in each color. I used a scallop border punch I rarely use and made layers on top of a embossed polka-a-dot Perfect Plum layer. Added a Tempting Turquoise and Certainly Celery ribbon. The image was done with a set called Pocket Silhouettes. The butterflies were cut out using an embosslets die called Beautiful Wings on the Big Shot machine. Adding tiny pearls to each of the butterfly center and attaching them with glue dots was the finishing touch. All supplies are from Stampin Up.

I can't wait to do tomorrows challenge! Maybe I will put the layers on evenly! hehe Can you tell the image is a bit off when I attached it. Unfortunately I used tacky tape so I couldn't move it to even it out. Uneven or not it was fun to play along. So here's to doing a better job tomorrow! :0)

Take care my dear stamping friends and as always I hope you have time to Stamp!

Till my next post...

11 comments:

  1. I LIKE the wildflowers n butterflies, springy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful, Shirley! Great job!
    Hugs,
    Debb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. forgot to sign my name!!

      Millie H.

      Delete
  4. WOW!!! I love these colours together and your card is gorgeous! I LOVE IT!

    I love how there is so much repetition but it doesn't look like it ... if you know what I mean .... each piece is just gorgeous! Love that stamp you have used for the background .. and those butterflies are too cute!

    xoxoxox Carly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shirley, I love this color combination. I don't know that I would think to put them together, but when you see the result, it's beautiful. I worry too about getting layers straight, and you know what I discovered? I'm the only one who sees it. Your card is fabulous!! Good luck on the other challenges.

    Babe

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the card, I think I would like to do the 365 challange. Love the card. Diane M

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your color combination! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a nice card. The color's are perfect together. You have not missed any details. It amazes me at how you come up with so many diffrent cards idea's. I have trouble with one. Thanks for sharing your wonderful idea's. Tammy T

    ReplyDelete
  9. Shirley,
    I love the colors on this card! They look like Spring to me. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a unique combo of colors and, as a couple of others have commented, not a combo I would have thought up. Nicely done!

    Jeanne S.

    ReplyDelete