Thursday, February 16, 2012

Red Theme Swap

















Hello my dear blog followers. This has to be one of my favorite swaps our little card group has done. The theme was "red". Let me tell you a bit about each one. And let me say I'm not sure why the inside of the card photos show sideways on this post. They don't on my photos? I ask myself "will I ever get it all down pat"? LOL

1st card is mine:
I "cased" this card from Lisa(lisaadd) off Splitcoast Stampers website. I used a different sentiment and the decorative cardstock I used was red with pink dots. Since I wanted it to be white dots I just used my trusty Signo White Gel Pen to color over the pink dots so I got the look I wanted.

2nd card is by Mary(my sister):
She used a Coronado Island stamp on leather. Each one she did was a bit different due the leather but I thought it made them unique! I posted 2 pictures of the cards so you could see the differences. Great Job Mary!

3rd card is by Diane:
Doesn't this remind you of a box of chocolates! I don't know how well you can see the background paper she used but it is so sweet. Nice card Diane!

4th card is by Susan:
Can you believe all the work she did on this card! I had to post 2 views so you could see the dimension of the hearts. It reminds me of butterfly wings! It has such nice dimension. The card has a very clean and simple elegance to it. Wonderful work Susan!

5th card is by Jeanne:
She did a very clean look also with a simple touch of the ribbon. I also like how she decorated the envelope. I really love the image she used. I have it too and need to use it more often! Great Job Jeanne!

6th card is by Sonja:
Don't you love how she added white to the main color red?! The image embossed in white on the red is stunning! Very elegant. Wonderful Job Sonja!

7th Card is by Barb M.:
Isn't the turtle holding the heart balloons with a birdie on his back adorable!!! She always does the inside too. Barb, I want you to know I used this card this Valentine's day! I just had to use it. It was so cute. Great Job Barb!!!

8th card is by Paula:
I really don't know where to begin with this card! The border, the colors, the double layered star??? This card is so detailed not only outside but inside too! I know you spent A LOT of time on your cards Paula and it shows. Super Great Job Paula!

I hope you have enjoyed these cards as much as I have swapping for them! :0)

Take care and as always I wish you time to be creative but most of all time to STAMP! :0)

Till my next post...

5 comments:

  1. oohhh they are all gorgeous! I especially love the first one and the one with .... oh who am I kidding they are all AWESOME!

    xoxoxo Carly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean! Who can pick a favorite!!!

      Delete
  2. These are all fabulous cards. What fun you must have with this group of talented ladies. I'm so jealous. I love the turtle card, so cute. But they ae all fantastic. Thanks for showing us. Your card is so elegant too, Shirley. Love it!!!

    Babe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Babe!

      They really are talented ladies! I am learning a lot of new things form them all. It's a fun way to spend, time with friends and stamping! :0)

      Delete
  3. I love your card!!! Wow you colored all the pink dots White?!?!
    that's amazing!!
    All the cards are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete