Wednesday, February 8, 2012

No Matter What Comes Our Way...WOO HOO! :0)

I've heard it said bad things happen in 3's but wouldn't you know it mine come in 4's! (not really bad things per say, let's just call them incidents) LOL

First off I injured my elbow over a week ago. Boy does it hurt(and burn). Had it checked and it's a torn tendon. Good news no breaks or fractures. Woo Hoo! :0)

Then Monday we had our van repaired. Let me say now I will forever be careful of running up over curbs!(I really damaged the ramp for the wheelchair). Good news paid cash and it's fixed. Woo Hoo! :0)

Then on Tuesday(yesterday) Lee had an appointment to have his yearly ultrasound of his liver, bladder and kidneys. Normally I would go back if he needed help transferring from his wheelchair to the examining table. But with my arm in a sling, I sat this one out. When he came out of the room he had marks over and to the side of his right eye. It seems Lee lost his balance so he fell against the table and hit the metal trim. Lee said he hit it so hard he saw stars. He said he thought he was going to pass out. This morning he has one heck of a shiner! He was getting help but they didn't know to wait and threw Lee off balance. Good news, he'll live! hehe We talked and realized that this new facility are not used to Quadriplegics like him. From now on no matter what I will be with him to make sure he has safe transfers. Most of all we can laugh about it and he's OK! Woo Hoo! :0)

Then last night after I got home from a really fun "31 party" I thought it was really getting chilly in the house. That's because our furnace went out! Good news, we have electric heaters on in every room...temp in house 79 degrees! Help me I'm about to sit around in a swim suit! It's hotter in here now then when we run the furnace!!! We're scheduled for repair service! Woo Hoo! :0)
update; lucky again the part is only $175! Woo Hoo!

So no matter what comes our way...Woo Hoo! :0) We are going to see the funny/bright side of it no matter what. We are going to be grateful for what we DO have! Things are good! Life is good! Lee and I may feel like we lead boring lives compared to some but life keeps us on our toes(as well as our aging appliances...hehe).

Best of all we got some snow today! I've been waiting for winter to finally get here. Right now it is softly falling. Oh so pretty. I hope you are all staying safe and warm.

As always, I wish you time to be creative but most of all time to stamp!

Till my next post...

22 comments:

  1. Wow, Shirley, what a week. Thank God nothing too serious, but I do feel bad for Lee. Love the fact you found good news to report. That's the only way to look at these incidents. Here's hoping this was just a fluke and you don't have any more weeks like this.

    Hugs2U
    Babe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Babe!
      We're hanging tough! hehe
      Now to just get in gear and post some cards and videos!
      Hugs,
      Shirley

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness .... It amazes me that you have been through so much in one week ... but can still laugh! You are a trooper Shirley!!

    xoxoxo Big Hugs to you ..... hope Lee is feeling a bit better today and your arm is on the mend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carly!

      Hope your doing better too. I hate it when a cold hangs on what would seem for weeks on end! :0)

      We're hanging in there and I hope to be posting some cards and videos.

      Take care and thanks for your kind words!
      Hugs,
      Shirley

      Delete
  3. You and Lee are half glass full people :) It seems we all go through things that happen to us like this and we wonder why? But the best thing to do is just what you and Lee did. It also makes you realize what is really important in life when you sit back and think it over. Hugs to both. LindaN

    ps - I keep thinking God is trying to teach me patience, but I am not a very good student at times. Doing better as I age - but I don't think I'll ever be like God wants me to be. - I'll just have to keep plugging along like you two.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww..Linda what kind words! But believe me on the patience front, I am still working on it 24/7, 365 days a year! LOL
      Take care and see you soon!
      Hugs,
      Shirley

      Delete
  4. This is just one of the many reasons I adore you:) No matter what, find a reason to smile and "WOO HOO!" Still, you could have come up with a better reason for Lee's shiner. We all know he got lippy and you put him in his place! Hee! Hee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what we told my family! Now to just explain to his doctors when we go in for his appointments next week! :0)

      Delete
  5. Shirley,
    Your ability to see the best in everything is Wonderful! I am so blessed to have such a positive friend in my life!

    Denise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Denise! And I feel blessed to have a friend like you. It makes it easier to keep my mind on the good things in life!
      Hugs,
      Shirley

      Delete
  6. Wow! Everything has been cancelled for the evening due to the snow storm, Maybe I can get my taxes, Digital calendar, and bookkeeping caught up this weekend. DianeM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Diane!

      Did you get your bookkeeping caught up? Your one busy person!

      See you soon,
      Shirley

      Delete
  7. Oh my gosh you have one busy week. I am so glad that you can find so much to laugh about when these incidents are happening. You are such a blessing to so many,I hope you only have good things coming your way now. It has inspired me to look at things diffrently the next time trouble shows up on my door step. Take care.Batia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Batia!

      Thank you for the magazine and stamps you sent me. I promise to post them in the next few days.

      Stamping Hugs,
      Shirley

      Delete
  8. Hi Shirley at least you have a good outlook on bad situation.Many people would get upset and worry. I am glad that you can look trouble in the face and laugh and stand happy through it all. Joanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words Joanne! I do worry about a few things but not much anymore. It sure doesn't fix things! hehe :0)

      Take care and thanks for all your comments!
      Stamping hugs,
      Shirley

      Delete
  9. Don't know what happened to my post... just disappeared! However... as I was writing.....You are truly an amazing person, and I cannot wait to meet you when I am up in Ohio in May!

    Sumi P.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait either Sumi! Maybe you'll have some time to do a few cards here. I'm sure I could come up with something fun for us all to make. :0)

      Looking forward to meeting you!
      Hugs,
      Shirley

      Delete
  10. MY GOODNESS SHIRLEY, YOU SOUND LIKE JOBS SISTER. YOU HAVE A WONDERFUL OUTLOOK ON EVER SITUATION. WISH I COULD SAY I WAS THAT PATIENT. BUT GOD BLESSES AND KEEPS YOU. AND I KNOW WHY!! WELL HOPEFULLY EVERYTHING SHOULD BE ALRIGHT NOW.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Shirley you are living the life!!! Your positive outlook is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete