Sunday, December 4, 2011

Blog Candy Prize #3





THIS BLOG CANDY IS ALL FROM TONYA OF RED LETTER JOURNALS IN GROVE CITY, OHIO.

I know I've said it before but I will say it again, you will love her store. It's cozy and friendly. I had been shopping spending $100's of dollars (each visit) and still treated poorly at another scrapbooking store which I will not mention. That's the plus with Tonya...she knows her customers and treats them like family. I had taken classes there also and they don't hold a candle to the ones you can take at RLJ!!! Create & Craft classes are a hoot and you make the loveliest cards! So if you live in the area stop by and let her know you heard about her from my blog. :0) If you let her know drop me a line on my blog and I will put your name in for a big drawing for a super spring prize Tonya and I have cooked up!

Next month you will get to know another wonderful woman who I shop with. She is offering a wonderful gift for my blog candy next month. But I digress...

So Tonya please except my thanks and gratitude for your gracious and overwhelming generosity. But most of all for your kindness and superior service I receive when shopping at you store! I know my bloggers love EVERYTHING YOU HAVE DONATED!!!!


Here is a little description of all the items:

First let me say...this wallet is so nice! My camera can not do it justice. The retail on it is $25.99!!!
The cool Art Blanche items:
1 chipboard round book $6.99
1 2 pc milk carton with round bubbles(the little round bubbles fit over in the holes...so cute) $4.99
1 Imaginations gift card holder(nice heavy weight chipboard)$3.29
And this super cool Chalkboard paper!
3 styles of the 12x12 size (2each..$1.95 a sheet) and 2 small 8 1/2 x 11 sheets($?)
and the metallic pen set ($14.99) is so amazing and looks so awesome on the paper!

This is package is worth over $67!

What a great package for someone who likes to alter items. Plus the wallet alone is a wonderful gift.

So as per usual the way to win is to answer on THIS POST the following question:

Do you use stamps in your scrapbooking projects? Or are you a scrapbooker who uses their left over scrapbooking supplies to make cards?

I look forward to your answers and I wish you all GOOD LUCK!

22 comments:

  1. Yes and Yes! I'm a "do it all" crafter.. lol. and best of all I love to switch things around! How 'bout you, woman?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use stamps when I scrapbook, and I do use my scraps for cards. The wallet is beautiful and all the other items are great. Thanks.

    Babe
    youiesmom@att.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Shirley,
    I was a scrapbooker for years but this last year all I want to do is make cards. I have had stamps but never really used them until this year. I use the stamps on my cards but have been thinking of ways to incorporate them in my scrapbook pages.
    I must say that I agree with you about Tonya and Red Letter Journals. It is the best scrapbook store around and I absoulutly love all the classes you can take there.
    Thanks for the fabulous prize pack Tonya and Shirley. It is amazing!
    Michelle C
    mlcain0202@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. HEY SHIRLEY, WHAT YOU SAID ABOUT TONYA GOES FOR ALL OF US. SHE IS ONE OF MY FAVORITE PEOPLE. SHES CARING, GIVING, JUST LIKE YOU. MAY GOD BLESS YOU BOTH. I LOVE STAMPS, OH YES I DO!!
    M.M.
    marypudd1@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Shirley, I mostly use my stamping supplies for making cards, but use many of my other tools when scrapbooking!! Thanks for the opportunity to be in the drawing. Lisa Sabula

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks fabulous! Those Metallic pens sound lovely .... oooohhh it all looks wonderful.

    I have only ever done a couple of scrapbooking pages, and one or two 'off the page'. Although I would love to do more .... I just find I get 'stuck'. On the things I have done I have used stamps. Flourishes generally or flowers.

    Do you?

    xoxoxox Carly

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always save my scraps with the intent to use them on cards; however, I forget about my scraps all the time. I have a huge pile of them now begging to be used. Normally I reserve stamping for cards....not sure why I never stamp in my scrapbooks :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. I use stamps on my scrapbooking, and also use my scrap stash for cards. Jill S. (BuckeyeJLS@aol.com)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I alter EVERYTHING!!! anything from buttons, flowers, cardboard from packaging, tags, and even photos!

    Sumi Parcells
    sumi1956@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. OOPs, I think my post was for Blog #2!! My bad!

    As for this Blog #3: I love stamping!! I stamp on scrapbooking pages, cards, tags, etc. If there's a space, I stamp!! Love your website!

    Sumi Parcells
    sumi1956@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Shirley,

    I did not use stamps on scrapbooks until I met Sumi and like she said in her post, she stamps on everything. She even got me to stamp the cutest little girls (I forget the name of the stamps), cut them out, color with marker/inks/chalks and then glue dot them onto cards and scrapbook pages. I think this takes up way too much time (I can not stand the thought of someone tossing my card in the trash with one of these adorable girls on them) - but they are so darn cute! Sumi and my other scrappin buddies are such enablers.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Shirley this is your hardest question. I can only say that I am both. You see I stamp in scrapbooks and I also use scrapes for my cards. I hate to waste even a small piece of paper. I can find a use for even small bits and pieces of paper. Marilyn G.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I do both. I love to use stamps on my scrapbooking pages. In fact, I challenge myself to use stamps every time I scrapbook. I especially love Versamark on them. It adds so much without taking your eye away from the pictures. But I have used stamped images as design elements, borders, backgrounds and more. LOVE IT ALL!
    Clickersister

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well, I've only made one scrapbook...and it did use stamps.... I love to use all sorts of materials when I create!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like to do both.I like to make what looks like a large card and when you open it there inside is the picure with some journaling.Tia T.

    ReplyDelete
  16. To be honest, I'm not much of a scrapbooker--work more in the 3D space, but do love to include stamps in my projects. My current fav stamp is Venus Eyes from Stampland Chicago.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I use them for both, I love to use my stamps for scrapbooking and as well as cards. DianeM

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love all you blog candies. Jennifer R

    ReplyDelete
  19. Both! I started as a scrapbooker, progressed to using stamps sparingly and had bunches of left over paper. Then I attended an SU evening and expanded my horizons! I love your blog and your candy is unbelievable!

    Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  20. Shirley this blog candy is realy nice you must tell Tonya at Red Letter Journals thank you for all her wonderfull gifts.I do both I am on a limited buget so I try to use all my scrapes. I have even learned how to make my own paper out of my smaller scrapes.Tina

    ReplyDelete
  21. I use stamps on my scrapbooking projects. I also use stamps on my cards. I even save my cards from others because many times, the front can be used on another project. I have lots of little scraps to use on cards. Thanks for the chance to win!

    ReplyDelete
  22. ITS ME AGAIN SHIRLEY........I USE THE STAMPS ON BOTH; I NEED TO ASK FOR MARYS ADDRESS AND THANK YOU FOR THE WONDERFUL CHRISTMAS CARD. IT WAS BEAUTIFUL

    ReplyDelete