Thursday, December 22, 2011

A Beatuiful Card From "Down Under"



Hello my friends in blog land!

I know I must sound like a broken record but I have to say my blog followers are the BEST!!!!

Isn't this card the cutest ever!If only you could hold it and see the detail not only in the expert way Carly colored the images but the glitter has real dimension. The candy has a crystal hard finish that makes it look so real. But Carly didn't stop there inside she sent those adorable square buttons. I don't know if I mentioned it or not but buttons happen to be my favorite embellishment. I can't wait to show you all what I do with the buttons. :0)

But most of all it's what's written in the card that really counts. Carly you are more than a blog follower to me. Through your kind comments, ideas and emails, I feel like I've gotten to know you as a friend! Your are so dear to me. I appreciate you and the talent you share on your blog. (the link is here on my blog... Shelby In Colour...you have to check her's out!) I can't tell you how much I appreciate the hard work that went into making the card. Just like when I was looking at Babe's card that she had sent me, I was thinking of the time and effort that went into your card let alone the extra you had to do to send it to the USA from Australia. And that I know you were thinking of me when you made it. I will treasure it always and each time I look at it, it will remind me of not only your kindness but our friendship. Thank you so much dear friend! You really made my day! You know how to make a gal feel special!!! :0)

I hope Carly, you and all my blog followers are having fun and enjoying the holidays as they unfold. I am taking it a bit easy now. Next week I will be taking a break while my family will be here to visit. I'll be sure to take lots of pictures and get back with you all as soon as possible.

Till my next post...

PS...I still have more cards to post some stop back again soon!

4 comments:

  1. Carly, your card is just too cute. For Christmas my kitchen is decorated in gingerbread boys and girls, so I absolutely love your card. Great job. Hope you have a Merry Christmas down under and Shirley you deserve all the kinds words people say to you. Hope your Christmas is jolly, and we'll talk soon. Merry Christmas everyone!!!

    Babe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mwa!

    and thankyou Babe ..... he he my kitchen bench tops are covered in gingerbread houses! First time I had ever made them.

    I hope everyone has a delightful Christmas and a well earned holiday.

    A safe and Merry Christmas to you all .....
    xoxoxo Carly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Shirley I think Carly's card is fantastic I must say I wish she live near us so we could take lessons from her. The card is a work of art in itself. The way the card is colored is amazing.Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card! I think people forget to make the long skinny cards nowadays. I really like them.

    ReplyDelete