Friday, October 21, 2011

Riley The Moose Card From Denise



What a wonderful surprise to get a card from my friend Denise using Riley the Moose Stamp! You are such a talented card maker. I loved the way you colored "Baking Riley"! I can smell the muffins! hehe

I love how you inked around the layers but how did you distress the red layer? When you look close, it looks like a crackled type of background stamp. Is it stamped? Or is this the papers pattern? Either way it is just right for the card. I know it doesn't look like it in the photo but I love how Riley's oven mitts match perfectly to the red color layer! Such a great job!

Thank you for making my day brighter! See you at the crop Saturday!:0)

I know I always say, I wish you time to be creative and most of all time to stamp.(and I do!) But Today I want to say...send a friend a card! Let them know your thinking about them! It may be just what they need. Who knows maybe it will be you that gets a card from a friend! :0)

Till my next post...



5 comments:

  1. Shirley,

    I am glad you enjoyed my card. You are so sweet and I just wanted to do something for you. I used sandpaper on the red background and then distressed it with brown ink. When I looked at it, it made me think that the edges looked burned (which I thought went with the baking theme). See you tomorrow!

    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute, Denise!!!

    BTW, I signed up for Shirley's website. Can't wait to see what's going on!!!!

    Sumi Parcells
    sumi1956@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a darling card Denise. That is a really cute stamp. I love it.

    Babe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Denise love your card I will have to work on my card this week. The pressure is on. Great job Denise. Thank you Shirley for posting it. DianeM

    ReplyDelete