Thursday, October 27, 2011

Received My First Halloween Card




Hello my dear stamping friends!

It seems like forever since I posted. I went to a crop on Saturday run by Diane from Scrapbook Additions(her web site link is on my blog). It's super close to my house and she really does it up. She includes breakfast and lunch! This month she had a big Thanksgiving meal. Turkey and all the fixings, salad, rolls and three different types of desert. The pumpkin roll was to die for! She even sets out little dish of candy to munch on. You have a whole table to yourself and she always gives you a cool scrapbook page, journaling sheets or stickers. It's different each time but she keeps up with the seasons. You can't beat it for a day away with friends. Plus if you do want to leave out to go to dinner there is a couple of nice Amish Style Restaurants nearby. Anyway, I'm not much of a scrapbooker so I was working on cards for the Silver Stamper Group I am in. My sister came too. It was her first trip out for so much time after having her hip replacement surgery. She worked on cards too. When I finish mine I will post them. It was fun to see everyone and lots of new faces this time. Hope to see them at the next crop in January!

When I got there it was so nice to have this card from Paula sitting there at my table! Isn't it so nice. The main image and sentiment is from Close to My Heart set called Captured Moments. The main image has a soft and errie effect on the black. The inside is AMAZING!!! I thought she did the pumpkins with her Cricut but it is a punch that Diane carries. And I think what I have learned from Paula is she never forgets the inside of the card. It's always as interesting as the front! Don't you love the swirls with the little spiders crawling around on them?! Another great card! Thanks Paula!

Now, to get mine out today! :0)And a quick reminder that this Sunday I will be posting the blog candy. You don't want to miss it!

As always I wish you time to be creative but most of all time to stamp!

Till my next post...