Sunday, October 23, 2011

A Quick Christmas Card




Hello my stamping friends!

I am still cleaning up my craft area! As soon as I start projects I just have a mess I move around to do the next project. I am really trying to rid myself of the clutter and this habit! :0)

Of course as soon as I saw some unfinished Christmas cards from last year I thought I would do something with them.(waste not want not...besides the pieces were already embossed and had little gems on them)Besides I needed a break from cleaning! LOL I had to do something to cover up the saying I used last year. But instead decided to cut it off. What do you think? I will be posting one I did with a snowman to cover the sentiment later.

So as I was looking at the new Frostwood Lodge Designer Series Paper from Stampin Up I just received, I thought I could cut them up(see picture above) and use this paper. The color in the paper is Cherry Cobbler but the gems are such a bright red I used Real Red instead. Not a perfect match but I still like how it turned out.

I used Marina Mist for my card base and ink. The saying is from the set Petite Pairs. I love this set because it has a small saying for the inside of the card. Inside is stamped "and a happy joyful bright New Year". I stamped the sentiments in Marina Mist Ink. The ribbon is also Marina Mist. I punched out the sentiment on the front of the card with a word window punch and layered it on the modern label punch and backed it with cut up pieces of cardstock I punched using the decorative label punch. I posted the pieces. Hope you can understand what I did. :0)

I used the Sizzix Sizzlets snowflakes in 3 different shapes and glued the red snowflake to the card and the other 2 used pop dots to lift them. The white had one pop dot and the marina mist had 2 pop dots. Then I just finished it off with more red gems.

As always I wish you time to be creative but most of all time to stamp!

Till my next post...

3 comments:

  1. Very nice! I love how you re-made the parts that you saved from last year, and it's a great looking card, too! Thanks for showing us how to do this!
    Debb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely .... great recycling :) Christmas cards .... I haven't even started mine and I think there is only something like 60 days until the big day .... arrrrrgggghhhhhh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great looking card. I'm always surprised how well blue can look on a Christmas card. I'm a traditional red and green kinda gal. The plaid brings it all together. How nice that you used what you had last year.

    Babe

    ReplyDelete