Monday, October 3, 2011

My Blog Followers ROCK!



I can't begin to tell you how much fun it has been starting a blog. I have had so much fun sharing ideas and getting to know you all. I've posted some of my ups and downs(mostly ups!). So I guess you have got to know a little about me too. And as I think of you getting to know a bit about me all I think of is the line from the Addams Family Movie, "Be afraid, be very afraid"! And you still came back! :0)

One of the things I have enjoyed is showing the work of my other stamping friends. I have been in some cool swaps with our monthly rubber stamping group.(next post). They each have their own style and each are equally talented. I'm always excited to see what each person comes up with. It is an amazing group of women. And on a side note to them. I want to thank each one of you for supporting me in this endeavor and in my personal life when I just needed someone to talk to. I'm glad you accept me for the person I am and encourage me to become the person I know I want to be. I love that we can laugh and cry together and I am a better person because of each one of you. :0)

But I have also received cards from a stamp group I am in called the Silver Stampers(stampers over 50 years old). It's the first thing I did was join when I turned 50! And now I have received cards from my blog followers too! It is sheer joy to me! I don't know if thank you is a good enough phrase to say how wonderful I felt when I received the beautiful card on this post.

The one shown here arrived on Saturday from Babe O. As you can see she is a talented card maker. She didn't miss a detail. Even the inside of the card stamped and delicately edged with matching ink. My favorite color is green followed by peach so this card hit the nail on the head! I love the layers, the bottom solid color has been embossed with dots to give it texture and really grounds the card. Babe perfectly lined up the green punch trim! Look at those leaves! She has the matching orange of the cardstock used below but gently has "kissed" the outer portion of the leaves with a lovely darker shade and tied it in with the small "loose background dots" in the darker shade. Again sponging the edges of the front of the card and the focal point "postage stamp shaped thank you's" keeps the style clean, simple and pulled together. And of course the perfectly matching green ribbon pulls it all together. Babe, thank you so much for the wonderful card and all your great comments on my blog. We may not live close but I think of you and all of my blog followers as my special stamping friends! Take care and know how much I appreciated your card.

As always, I wish you time to be creative and most of all time to stamp!

Till my next post...

7 comments:

  1. Thank you Shirley for all the kind words. It's such a thrill to see MY card on the internet. I'm so happy you liked it. Haven't been card making all that long, but I do enjoy it. So happy I came across your blog, you are a wonderful, generous person. Have a great week, friend.

    Babe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Babe and Shirley ... this is a beautiful card! Those leaves are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Shirley, I think Babe's card is beautiful, she is very talented. Mary G

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this card design, great idea , fall colors and all. Glad you shared this card Shirley. DianeM

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what a nice gesture. Tell Babe she did a wonderful job on your card!

    Happy Card Encouragement Factory

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card! Thanks for sharing. merriginals

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card! Love your color combo!

    ReplyDelete