Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Iris Folding Class With Betty





I am finally getting caught up enough to post the cards from the 2 classes I took at Red Letter Journals in Grove City, Ohio. Betty was the instructor of this class. I had never done Iris Folding before. It looked to complicated to get the colors just right.

Betty is such a great instructor! She made it very simple and logical! I actually finished all my cards. I changed 2 of the cards when I got home. I added a green card base to the cute pumpkin and a frame around the turkey instead of a layer of cardstock.(Betty had extra packs of the frames in all different sizes and styles for sale). I just loved the frames. What do you think? I love how it makes the colors pop on that turkey! Thank you Betty for the free frame, it was kind of you to give me an extra piece you had. I will definitely have to buy a pack next class!:0)

She also offered different Iris Folding Kits for sale too. I can't wait to take her Christmas Iris Folding Card Class in November. I still need a little more help on figuring out how wide to cut and when to know when you need to fold an edge on the paper your using. If your in the area and are thinking about taking the class you can check out more details at the Create & Craft site(there is a link here on my blog). You won't be disappointed!

I can't decide which is my favorite card the pumpkin or the owl. Which is yours?

As always I wish you time to be creative but most of all time to stamp!

Till my next post...

1 comment:

  1. Owl! Wow these are gorgeous! I've never seen anything like it! They are all beautiful. I love the gorgeous colours in the strawberry!

    ReplyDelete