Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Halloween Pop Up Cards












Ok, what makes a Halloween card even spookier?

That's right something popping up at you! LOL Joe Rotella was the instructor for this class. I had only made pop ups cutting the card than layering it inside another card. But Joe stepped it up! Aren't these cards AWESOME! (and a big shout out to his sister Betty and Joe Morgan for helping with the class and putting together all the kits...believe me when I say this is a lot of little pieces!)

We learned so much and the tips you walk away with in his classes are worth the price of the class alone! Let me just point out a few things on each card.

The first card a box template was used to make the ghost pop out. But the front is done so well. The layered little headstone behind the ground. The crow still attached is popped up with a dimensional to give it just a bit of lift. Such a cute card!

The second card I just couldn't get a picture of the witches hand holding her crystal ball with her red glittery nail polish! What I love about the front of the card not only does it give a hint of what's inside with the witches hat but that green ribbon on the hat is a perfect match to the green cardstock used for the stamped sentiment.

This is my favorite card. It is not considered a true "pop up" card since it doesn't come from a fold. But I love the bouncy spider inside. I made the fence with a ruler and pencil. The hinges are from the fence from the last card! And the little hinge that lifts up to let you inside to the cool bouncy spider is such a nice touch. LOVE THIS CARD!!!!

The last card has so much going on. Can you believe all the little parts that they cut out for us. We got some extra pointers on using our score-pal and how about using what you have. Those bats are attached to pieces of acetate that your establishments come on! I think of how many I have thrown out. They gave us a ton more ideas using this card. Think of the things you could pop up on the acetate... reindeer, birds, butterflies...you get the drift. :0)

The class was fun and Joe is having another one in November for a Christmas pop up's. So if your in the area just check out the info on his site Create & Craft for dates and time. The link is on my blog. Hope to see you there!

As always I wish you time to be creative but most of all time to stamp!

Till my next post...

3 comments:

  1. Your cards are fantastic. I love the last one. Wish I lived closer, I'd love to take a class with you. Great job.

    Babe

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are all so cute but I think my fav is the last one! So cute!

    ReplyDelete