Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Girls Card Night, The Cards We Swaped and The Cards We Made














Once a month we get together for a "card night". We take turns demoing a card. We have 2 people each month or just 1 if they are doing a bigger project. These are from our last get together. Barb and Sonja taught. And we also exchange cards and have a theme for the swap. This months was Autumn.

The first card shown was taught by Sonja. It was using the "Baby Wipe Technique". Everyone's turned out wonderful and different. I loved seeing how everyone used different colors and stamps. Very fun technique. One I will be using often! I also liked how the two pieces joined together to make the card. A nice change of pace from just a folded card. And they way we joined them. I love the cooper thread. I wish Stampin Up still carried it! :0)

The second card shown was taught by Barb. I wish you could see the card close up! The shimmer is amazing on this card!!! I've had a crimper since they came out and it's one of those tools I never think to use. Well, this card got me putting on my thinking cap on how to use it more often. Don't you just love the layers and how using the crimper on the main image just adds to the texture of the card. My card(the one shown) didn't turn out as well as Barb's but I hope you can appreciate all the details she thought of.

Barb and Sonja, you guys did such a great job doing the demo last month! Please forgive me I forgot which one of you made the next cards shown But if you drop me a line I will come back in and edit the blog to put your name with the card you made. I guess that will teach me to post them as soon as possible. My memory just isn't what it used to be. :0)

This first card was made by either Barb or Sonja. The soft mustard card mixed with a soft orange and using a nice deep brown not only anchors the colors but makes them pop! I hope you can see she has embossed the leaves on the base and given it a shimmery mist. I love the way the leaf stamp was stamped and then stamped again to give it a soft shadow effect on the focal image. Then the finishing touch the sentiment punched out and layered perfectly again with the brown to make it stand out. And the little acorn is so cute! Great job!

The next card again was made by either barb or Sonja. I just love the upsy daisy set from Stampin Up. It has been embossed and hooks just under the little circle with a bit of the image. Don't you just love the coordinating designer series paper she used. Both similar but in rich red and brown. The design of the card is fun how it opens then revels the Birthday wishes. Fabulous card!

The next card was made by Sue. Who doesn't love those House Mouse Stamps?! Cute Cute Super Cute!!! I don't know if you can tell in the picture but she did a wonderful job on coloring in the image. I hope you can see how well she did the leaves. She did some darker coloring to really make the leaves veins stand out. Very soft and makes you think of playing in the Autumn leaves. Wonderful card and love the image!

The next card was made by Denise. All I can say is my picture just doesn't do this card justice! She put the embossed image on the front and back. It has this metallic look to it. And inside it says, "Flying by to say hi!". I love how she put the witch image on the moon. It makes her just float in the air and the way she added ever so tiny amount of color around the moon makes it really pop out. Great job Denise!

The next card is by Jeanne. The soft sage, cream, brown and two shades of yellow really give this a fall feel. Don't you love the brass brad she used for the center of the flower! Each leaf stamped punched and attached with just the sight overlay gives the flower more depth. I think my favorite part about the card is that she has 3 distinct paneled areas for the front of the card. The saying is also proportionate to the image. It really flows. Wonderful job!

The next card is by Diane. This card just makes me smile! The bright colors, the way she wove all the paper strips together. I love how all the colors tie in so nicely with the larger layer with the orange, bright green and purple. I know weaving all those cards for us was extra work to do it but it really makes the card. The stickers and the saying just float around the card. Not too many so it still has a very balanced feel. Good Job!

And last but not least, the last card is by Paula. It's times like these when I wish you could hold the cards. Lets start with her main card. The purple has been stamped with a leaf in copper(my fav). It is so soft and subtle. Then the main image layered on the green is not just stamped but has the copper and green in it. (I think this is some resist technique)Then tied together with that gorgeous copper thread. Paula you have to show me how to do this technique! Pretty please!!! :0)

Well, I hope you have enjoyed these cards as much I did swapping them. I'll post mine a bit later with some of my other Autumn cards I'm sending out to the girls in my Silver Stamper group.

As always I wish you time to be creative but most of all time to stamp!

Till my next post...

3 comments:

  1. Shirley - these are all BEAUTIFUL! I've got to try making one of those tri fold cards. Tons of inspiration here tonight :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the cards are gorgeous. Love the copper thread on the first and last cards. The mouse card is too cute. You must have had a great time. Thanks for sharing all those wonderful ideas.

    Babe

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow aren't they fantastic! Baby wipes!!!! I have lots of those but hadn't thought about using them for card making ... are you going to show us how? Sounds like you had heaps of fun.

    ReplyDelete