Sunday, August 14, 2011

It's Blog Candy Time...Let's Go Wild :0)












I hope you will love these "wild" blog candies this month. I have 3 different "Zoo" Blog Candy and one bright summer one.

Please note that in the picture with the stickers it shows 2 of the same sticker. Each one has only 1 sheet of that style. I am still not sure why I took a picture with 2 in it. So let me apologize for any misunderstanding in the picture.

The first 2 winners will win a choice of the stamp sets donated by Tonya at Red Letter Journals In Grove City, Ohio. She is so generous and her store is so lovely! If your ever out that way tell her you heard about her from my blog! :0)

Let's get right down to the packages: I did not take pictures of the cardstocks for each one since they are all the same. :0) The last 3 pictures show packages 2, 3 and 4. Hope your able to see the packages clearly.

Blog Candy package #1:

1 BOBunny Collection pack of papers
3 12x12 sheets of solid brown cardstock
8 12x12 sheets of solid orange cardstock
1 12x12 glimmer paper black(so glittery)
4 double sided BoBunny printed paper
1 pack dimensional stickers
2 sheets of cardstock stickers(each different)
1 BoBunny Noteworthy 32 piece package of diecuts and page accents
1 BoBunny Trinkets(lovely cameo feel)
1 BoBunny Buttons(love the elephant charm)
1 BoBunny Jewels
1 package of Origami Animal Print paper
1 Orange Peel Stickles
1 Black Diamond Stickles

Blog Candy Package #2

3 12x12 solid brown cardstock
8 12x12 solid orange cardstock
1 12x12 black glimmer paper
6 12x12 double sided BoBunny printed paper
2 cardstock sticker sheets(2 different styles)
1 BoBunny Trinkets
1 BoBunny Buttons
1 BoBunny Jewels
1 package Origami Animal Print paper
1 Orange peel stickles
1 Black Diamond Stickles
1 6piece matching clear acrylic stamp set

Blog candy Package #3

3 12x12 solid brown cardstock
8 12x12 solid orange cardstock
1 12x12 black glimmer paper
5 double sided BoBunny printed paper
2 sheets of cardstock stickers(both different)
1 BoBunny Trinket
1 BoBunny Buttons
1 package Origami Animal Print paper
1 Orange Peel Stickles
1 Black Diamond Stickles
1 dimensional zebra sticker by Jolee's
1 6piece matching stamp set

Blog candy package #4

This is a bright summer fun one. I figured it would be nice to have something bright and summery!

1 package by Basic Grey called Lauerdale. It includes in the package:
(18 double-sided papers, 1 sheet coordinating alphabet stickers and 1 sheet coordinating cardstock stickers)
1 66piece matching buttons by basic Grey
1 24piece matching glazed brads by Basic Grey
1 package of large purple flowers(I can just imagine a large button center!)
1 Firefly Stickles
1 Purple Stickles

OK, there you have them. :0) I will be drawing for the winner on Sunday August 21st, 2011. So as always to win all you need is to answer the following question and post it to this blog post.

The Blog Question is:

If you are a stamper what kind of stamps do you prefer? Wood mounted? Clear Acrylic? Cling Mounted(not clear)? Or is there some other type you are using? (I know a friend that actually carves her own! Now that's dedication to the craft!)

I have to say I always loved the wood mounted but after using a clear see thru by Close to My Heart I was hooked on the unmounted that all you have to use is a mounting block. Unmounted stamps are so much cheaper and give you more room to store. But with that being said I still have lots and lots of wood mounted, cling stamps and just red rubber unmounted that I just use double stick tape on the back to adhere to a stamping block! LOL :0)

I look forward to your answers. Good luck to all!

As always, I wish you time to be creative but most of all time to stamp!

Till my next post...





20 comments:

  1. Wow Shirley what a lot of candy! We went to the zoo last week for my Birthday so this would just be a perfect prize for me :) I got heaps of photos of my 2 year old running around ... would probably make me start the scrapbook of her that I have been wanting to do.

    In regards to your question ... hmmmm It's a hard one. I do have quite a lot of wood mounted stamps but they take up so much space! I do also have a lot of cling ones that are much easier to store ... but then often get 'lost' or forgotten about. I'm quite liking digital also but of course then you can't emboss etc. Hmmmmm I would probably say clear acrylic cling ones just because they are cheaper and easier to store.

    There are so many gorgeous stamps out there ...

    So happy to have you back in blog land :)

    Hugs
    Carly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Shirley I'm so glad to see that you are back to bloging again I have so enjoyed your blog. I have made almost all of the cards you have posted. To anserwer your question I like clear or unmounted with a clear block so that I can place each stamp in the perfect place so that each card or scrapbook page looks the way I want. Thank you Shirley for a chance to win.Please tell Red Letter Jorunal thank you for beliveing in your blog followers

    ReplyDelete
  3. My goodness, I've never seen that much blog candy to be given away at one time. Well, to answer your question, I like the clear acrylic. They're cheaper, which is a big factor for me on a limited income. And I can see what I'm doing. I just sometimes have trouble making some of them cling to my clear block. I've cleaned them with soap and water, but a couple just refuse to stay on, so I use a little adhesive. Thanks for a chance to win.

    Babe
    youiesmom@att.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love clear acrylic! I had always bought wood-mounted stamps. Years ago my sister and I took a class at the convention center. The lady that taught it was with Close to my Heart. After that, we were always saying that we wished Stampin Up would follow suit. I think placement on the paper is so much easier when it is on a clear block. I still have lots and lots of wood-mounted stamps but I have recently bought several sets of unmounted stamps and I am very happy with those also. Thanks to Shirley and Red Letter Journals for a chance to win the blog candy. I missed you and am glad you are back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Shirley, I am glad that you are feeling better! You have had quite a time! I like ALL stamps, but I think my favorite are the clear ones so that I can see exactly where I am stamping the image. Thanks for the opportunity to enter. Take care and have a great week.
    Lisa Sabula

    ReplyDelete
  6. you know I love clear stamps, I have to know where the stamp is going. I celebrated my birthday and had great birthday, my family took me to Olive Garden my favorite restaurant. I had a family reunion and played the famous cornhole game, we played for fun this year not for a trophy. DianeM

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Shirley, wow what awesome candy! And so many winners again! So generous of you :)

    I love the clear mount! Wood mount is wonderful except on SPACE and COSTS! SO I go with clear mount and like the flexibility of seeing what I am doing. :) Since I have such a limited amount of space the storage of clear mount comes in handy too!!

    Thanks for the chance to win!

    Brittani

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Shirley! I love your blog candy this month! I also had my son at the zoo. We were getting ahead on a "zoo" school project that he will have to do this year. That is a tough question about stamps. My sister-in-law stamps. I'm pretty sure she owns every stamp available! For my kids, I would have to say, the wood. They are easy for them to hold on too. I like clear acrylic for myself.
    Thanks again! BG

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Shirley, I found you from Red Letter Journals website! I live in the Grove City area and have just recently found them and now you. Great giveaway and my favorite stamps are mine and My Thoughts Exactly. I make my own with the Teresa Collins Stampmaker because I couldn't find just sentiment stamps.

    Thanks for the great giveaway and come check out my blog: Happy Card Encouragement Factory

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW! You are a WILD Woman!!! Glad to see your blog posting. I prefer clear stamps, but still use wood mounted quite often. The Zoology set is awesome (I should know, since I was lucky enough to get the set from you a while back!) I hope to see you soon.

    Jeanne Szabo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow - what great packages you've put together!

    I am not primarily a stamper, but I'm looking for ways to use them more and more on my scrap pages.

    I don't want to invest a ton of dollars in stamps, so I tend to buy clear unmounted sets. I just bought some Faber Castell markers at RLJ and am having a great time using them to color in my stamps.

    I found that the trick to the clear stamps is to wash them, rub with an eraser, and then wash them again with a baby wipe. It takes off whatever topcoat is on them and makes a much nicer stamped image. Glad I found that little trick.

    ReplyDelete
  12. HI SHIRLEY......YOU ARE SUCH A GREAT PERSON. I JUST LOVE YOUR PERSONALITY. (HOWS THAT FOR SUCKIN UP) TEE HEE SERIOUSLY, I THINK YOUR WONDERFUL. GOD BLESS YOU FOR WHAT ALL YOU DO FOR OTHERS.
    HMMMMMM TO ANSWER THE QUESTION.....I LIKE THE CLING STAMPS TOO, THEY ARE GREAT. LOVE THAT CANDY!!!! MARYANNE M.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Shirley,

    So glad you are feeling better. We missed your blog. I also have lots of red rubber wood mounted stamps - but now prefer the clear stamps because like you said they are easier to store and also easier to place image on your projects.

    Take care,
    LindaN

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Shirley,

    So glad you are feeling better. We missed your blog. I also have lots of red rubber wood mounted stamps - but now prefer the clear stamps because like you said they are easier to store and also easier to place image on your projects.

    Take care,
    LindaN

    ReplyDelete
  15. Shirley this is such nice blog candy. I want to thank you for giving your followers a chance to win such a nice gift. I was at Red Letter Journal and heard about your blog. I was amazed at so many diffrent card choices, next time I'm at RLJ I will ask to see if they might be able to talk you in to giving a class or two. Back to your question I like the wood mounted. I must be old fashioned, I like the fill of them and I just use a stamp postioner to get the right placement for my larger cards. Thanks for this chance to win.Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  16. What nice blog candy.I like unmounted you can store more in less space. I also like that I feel I have more freedom with the placement of unmounted. Thanks MT

    ReplyDelete
  17. What nice blog candy Shirley. I like them both I find I use them both together alot. I do like that I cane store more in less space with unmounted.Thanks Mary

    ReplyDelete
  18. How kind of you to let so many followers have such a nice gift as these. I like unmounted they are so easy to use and clean.They also take up less space.Thanks JVH

    ReplyDelete
  19. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I like would mounted since they are easy to hold. Regina C.

    ReplyDelete