Thursday, August 18, 2011

Cards For David...weeks 5 and 4





Well, my time doing cards for my brother is just about over. I just love how my boxing card turned out. I followed the video by Dawn (Stampin Up demonstrator) on You Tube. I guess what I liked best was I was able to recycle those little boxing gloves. They were my Dad's. They were from a key-chain that had broken and he had saved them. I can remember my Dad coming out and watching boxing matches with Lee. I know my brother will take good care of them and if he ever wants to remove them from the card it has a sliding door to remove them. I can see endless possibilities using this sliding door technique!

The card this week is the skunk. It's from a stamp company called The Cat's Pajamas. I just love there stamps! I used a template from MOJO Monday and a card I saw on Splitcoast Stampers. It showed a flower or embellishment in the right corner but for a man...I don't think so! LOL I didn't do such a great job cutting out the second image of the skunk. Next time I will use an exacto knife. Still, I like how it looks popped up with dimensionals.

I wanted to say thank you for all the wonderful comments I have recieved. Also knowing what kind of stamps everyone likes helps me decide on what to put in the next blog candy! :0) hint hint

As always, I wish you time to be creative but most of all time to stamp!

Till my next post...

6 comments:

  1. Hi! Shirley I love the cards. I know that David will treasure the boxing gloves. It was so nice of you to pass them on to him. The skunk card could is so cute. This card can be used for so many different occasions. Thanks for more insirring ideas.Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. What cute cards. Love the boxing gloves. Your brother will cherish them, I'm sure. Thanks for sharing with us.

    Babe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those boxing gloves are precious! It is great that you were able to put that in a card with the sliding door technique.

    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cards Shirley. I love the little boxing gloves too.

    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the boxing glove card due to the sentimental value it has. David will cherish this card. You are so creative!!
    LindaN

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow fantastic cards! The skunk is so cute as are those tiny little boxing gloves.

    ReplyDelete