Saturday, July 9, 2011

Cards For David...Weeks 9 and 10





Just a quick post of the cards I made for my brother for the last 2 weeks. Last week I sent the cattail card. I saw a similar card on another blog.  I don't remember where but when I find it I will post it. I changed it a bit. She had the main image at an angle on the page but I just couldn't seem to get mine to look right that way. I also used different colors and shaded the background and around the edges.

I used old olive designer paper and stamped the sentiment(Hero Arts) directly on it with Early Espresso ink. Card stock used was Whisper White, More Mustard, Old Olive and Early Espresso. I used a reverse masking technique. You take a punch and use the punch out area(circle in this case) as a "stencil" to color in. After the moon was on I stamped the grass(Stampin Up) in Old Olive right over the moon. I used a punch(Stampin Up)to make the little "cattails" in Early Espresso cardstock. I sponged the main image with More Mustard and edged it with Early Espresso. Added the "cattails". I used mono adhesive and it dried tacky. OOPS! So I just punched out 12 more and added another layer and used a small amount of crystal effects to attach them. I liked it better because the cattails stand out more. So it's what I would call a happy accident. :0) I then layered the images used More Mustard brads and then used pop dots to lift up the main image.

The ice cream cards were so easy to make.(so sorry I don't know how to turn the pictures upright! ugh!) I followed a video on You Tube by "Chick N Scratch". She had some wonderful ideas. She used decorative paper for her "ice cream" but I used solid cardstock and highlighted it with ink around the edges. I also used the glitter red paper as a trim along the top of the cone. It just looked like something was missing without it. I made one for all the family. My nephews birthday is coming up this week so I thought I would take care of it all at once. I sent along a small ice cream maker, caramel and fudge topping, chocolate sprinkles, a brownie mix and a few dollars for ice cream and whip cream. I think it will hit the spot.

As always, I wish you time to be creative but most of all time to stamp!

Till my next post...