Monday, June 20, 2011

Card For David...Week 12









As you all know I have been "blog surfing" to get masculine card ideas. This card is inspired by the card I found on Marie Shaughnessy's blog Called "Stamping Inspirations" at WWW.mariestamps.com. Her site is set up so nicely. It has all the categories on the left hand side. The card I used for inspiration was designed and created by Jenni Shaughnessy. It uses a shaving cream background. I had done them years ago but I loved the look of the card so put my own twist on it.

The pictures on my post show the supplies used. My first attempt was to make the card with 2 or 3 colors of blue but I just didn't like it. So I went with just one color(night of navy). I used all Stampin Up supplies except for the 3 tiny brads. They are "outdoor denim" from Close To My Heart. I left off the bakers twine she used on her card and instead just used some dimensionals to pop up the compass. I stamped the boat and the compass twice. Cut out the center piece of the compass and the sails then used dimensionals on them for some more dimension. I loved using my color spritzer tool. It gives it the feel of the water splashing around the boat. After I was done, I kept looking at my card thinking what was off? Well, in Jenni's card she had the "shaving cream" background going across the page like water. DUH...I put mine up and down. :0) I still love how mine turned out. A clean and simple design always works for me.

And as always I wish you time to be creative but most of all time to stamp!

Till my next post...