Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Card For David...Week 17







This card is called the "Ultimate Glider Card". I got the tutorial from Lynn Pratt. Her blog is www.stampndesign.blogspot.com. She has a ton of ideas for some really cool cards and if you like using punches you have to check out her plethora of ideas! (aren't I using big words this early in the morning! HA!)

The card slides out then unfolds to show the gift card or good old cash holder. I used the new Stampin Up stamp set The Open Sea and matching Designer Series paper called Nautical Expedition. The card stock base is Crumb Cake and Cherry Cobbler. I used Baroque Burgundy Ink to stamp the anchor on whisper white card stock.I don't have Cherry Cobbler ink pad yet but I think it still matches very well. I then cut it out and attached with pop dots.

The snake one is for my nephews birthday. I used crumb cake cardstock and some animal print paper, not sure of the company now, it has a bit of a texture to it. I stamped the snake(retired Stampin Up) with Versamark to create the watermark images around the front border, then again on crumb cake with Early Espresso and colored in with Mellow Moss and Going Gray. I then cut it our and attached with pop dots. The button is a kraft corduroy button(discontinued Stampin Up) and I used the gray floss from the "sew easy floss gray set".

I think they will be a big hit and who doesn't love the extra little surprise inside. :0)

I wish you time to be creative but most of all time to stamp!

Till my next post...