Saturday, May 21, 2011

Card For David ...week 16


Week 16! His 50th Birthday is almost here. This time I thought I would try a different style and size. I have never used my distressing tool and 6"x6" is one good size card!

Supplies used:
I have been using up old cardstock and have no idea what color it is or what company the striped paper is from. Stamps sets used from Stampin Up: "Plane and Simple" and "Happy Greetings". I used Baroque Burgundy to stamp the border and greeting. Stazon Timber Brown to stamp the planes. I used the Stampin Up Cutter Kit, which has the 7-sided distressing tool. To finish off the cards I used a brown waxy flax from Martha Stewart and used Stampin Up dimensionals to pop up one of the planes. I also used Scor-Tape.

Now, just a quick personal review about this Scor-Tape. Tonya at Red Letter Journal asked me to try it and let her know how I liked it. I have always used Tacky Tape(you know the red tape). So let me talk Scor-Tape for a moment. First,you CAN just pull it apart, no need to cut. That is a big plus. I wasn't so sure of how it holds. Well, I am becoming an advocate for this adhesive! It really holds(make sure you are using the appropriate size, it does come in an assortment of sizes). Tacky Tape can sometimes be hard to peel off the red cover and the red cover has so much static it tends to stick to you and everything else. Scor-Pal tape is so easy to peel off and doesn't stick to you or anything else. Score-Tape can also be embossed, foiled and strong enough to hold micro beads. I have not tried these techniques with it yet but I will next month and give you a full review with samples. Ok, I digressed a bit here. :0)

So, anyway, I thought when I started making the cards for David that it would be a snap. But trying to make a nice assortment of masculine cards is turning out to be harder than I thought! I am always looking for more masculine card ideas. I'm always surfing the web, blog spots, Splitcoast Stamper's gallery. I think my next card is going to be a wild one. I can't wait till you see it! :0) BUT...

I think this would make a fun contest! How about leaving me a comment on this post with an IDEA FOR A MASCULINE CARD and I will draw a name from the comments(just like the blog candy) and will award a very nice prize!

Ok...put on your thinking caps and lets here your ideas. Remember not to duplicate something I've already done. (you can see them in you use the search on my blog. just type in David's card and they will come up.) I'll give you 2 weeks to give me some ideas and I'll draw June 4th! I'm really looking forward to your comments.

As always I wish you time to be creative but most of all time to stamp!

Till my next post...

2 comments:

  1. Shirley, I love the airplane card. I am always looking for "man" cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made birthday cards with a smoking grill and the words "Grill Master" on the front. On the inside I stamped a birthday cake and the phrase, "Where there's Smoke, there are lots of candles!" and "Happy Birthday". They were special cards for two men in my life that hit the big 5-0 this year. LOL

    ReplyDelete