Saturday, May 21, 2011

Card For David ...week 16


Week 16! His 50th Birthday is almost here. This time I thought I would try a different style and size. I have never used my distressing tool and 6"x6" is one good size card!

Supplies used:
I have been using up old cardstock and have no idea what color it is or what company the striped paper is from. Stamps sets used from Stampin Up: "Plane and Simple" and "Happy Greetings". I used Baroque Burgundy to stamp the border and greeting. Stazon Timber Brown to stamp the planes. I used the Stampin Up Cutter Kit, which has the 7-sided distressing tool. To finish off the cards I used a brown waxy flax from Martha Stewart and used Stampin Up dimensionals to pop up one of the planes. I also used Scor-Tape.

I thought when I started making the cards for David that it would be a snap. But trying to make a nice assortment of masculine cards is turning out to be harder than I thought! I am always looking for more masculine card ideas. I'm always surfing the web, blog spots, Splitcoast Stamper's gallery. I think my next card is going to be a wild one. I can't wait till you see it! :0)

As always I wish you time to be creative but most of all time to stamp!

Till my next post...