Saturday, May 21, 2011

Birthday Card for Natalie's 2nd Birthday




Yes, another Ultimate Glider Card! It's just the cutest way to give cash/check. We got Natalie the cutest little book with a finger puppet of a fawn in the center and this card with a nice check in it so Mom and Dad can get her what she really needs. I'd say gift well done! :0)

Supplies used:
The papers and matching establishments from Little Yellow Bicycle(purchased at Red Letter Journal in Grove City, Ohio). The stamped sentiment is from Stampin Up Sale-a-bration set called So Happy For You. I used a Tempting Turquoise marker and colored the saying in sections (it was a long saying that wouldn't fit into the square opening). Stamping 'wishes' first so I knew it didn't go under the edge. Then just stamped 'birthday' above it. The little embellishment with the button is a sticker. Since I didn't want it to stick over the opening I punched out a 1 3/8 circle using a punch from Stampin Up. I then adhered the sticker to the punched circle and placed 2 dimensionals on the card base close to the corner and then put the embellishment onto the dimensionals. I did it that way so I wouldn't have it adhere to the inside of the cut out making it unable to open. (Can you tell I did just that on one of my cards without thinking!)

Hope you like the card. I made one similar for my neighbor Kirsten for her Graduation. We moved in to our home in 1993. She's grown up before our very eyes. I am really beginning to feel old! Take care and remember, I love hearing from you.

As always, I wish you time to be creative but most of all time to stamp!

Till my next post...

1 comment:

  1. I plan to make my daughters 4th of July birthday card like your card. Thank you for the directions.

    ReplyDelete