Tuesday, May 17, 2011

April's Card Night "Card Exchange"











The first card is by my sister Mary. She loves to always add black cardstock whenever she can. I have to say, it really suits this card. She used an embossing folder on the background to give it great depth. The little matching brads add a nice pop. The focal images is soft and the added glitter to the purple buds is so pretty. The little strip of matching ribbon give it a nice divide and helps move your eye around the card. I know Mary is just getting into card making but you would never know it looking at her cards! Really great job Mary!!!

The second card is mine. I used a flower embossing folder for my background and added small pearls to the centers. The mouse stamp is from PSX . I then layered it onto a scalloped border punched piece of card stock. Wrapped it with a piece of Bermuda Bay polka-dot ribbon and added the pearls between the scallops. I stamped the saying in Stazon black ink and then added a strip of more pearls. The image is colored using markers and a blending pen and then glitter added to the flowers. The colors of cardstock use were Whisper White, Bermuda Bay and Barely Banana(I wish they hadn't discontinued this color!)

As always I wish you time to be creative but most of all time to stamp!

Till my next post...