Tuesday, May 17, 2011

April's Card Night "Card Exchange"











Well, it's about time I finally got these posted! We have had so much trouble with our internet server. We still get dropped from time to time but I've got it now so I'm making up for lost time on my blog. :0)

Well, lets go through the cards from the top to bottom. Our theme was "Flowers".

This first card is AMAZING!!! This card is by Denise. She used a textured cardstock, distressed the edges and stamped "heartfelt wishes" in a puprle color. The flower is made of ribbon/material that she burned the edges with a lighter! It makes the edges curl ever so lightly and a bit glossy. All, I can say is I love, love, love this card! What a great job. (sorry I couldn't get a great picture of this card but trust me it is awesome!)

Next, this card is so fun!!! You can't help but smile when you look at it! Of course it's by Paula. :0) It has a lovely flower backgound paper and flowers on the tote. Notice how well she colored the striped bag. Every color defined and crisp! Love how she stamped the tag and folded it to attach it. Inside are two girls on phone and the saying says "One day isn't enough to celebrate someone as wonderful as you...let's party all week!" Paula, I know I must say this every time but you never miss a detail. Super fun and totally FAB card!!!!!

Talking about detail. This lovely card by Barb is so soft and just sweet! The background is a deep purple(Concord Crush?) embossed with small dots. Strip of white with scalloped edge, then layered with a designer series paper with the dots and then image and saying stamped on white circle scallop. Each of the scallops has the added touch of a small purple dots. Love the glitter around the flowers. The little dragonfly punch image adds nice movement. And the final touch the inside says "Thinking of you". Lots of wonderful details. Love, love, love the way you used dots through out the card!

Next is Sonja's beautiful tulip card. The simple yet very elegant design is a total winner! The saying is embossed in silver along with the delicate border in silver. The way she used 3 tulips is just enough to give movement on the card. It is very appealing to the eye. But Sonja always goes the extra mile on every card and doesn't forget the inside. This is one of her best! I just love the soft deckle edge she used and adding another tulip really gives the card real continuity. Overall I have to give this card A++++!!!!

Diane's bright colorful card is next. Diane what a winning color combination! The soft blues and yellows are so spring like. The card has so many details too. Two different but coordinating patterned papers along with the 3 soft paper flowers with the pearls for a perfect finishing touch. The saying "A little something for you" along with the swirls is just perfect. I especially loved how you used a crisp white cardstock to layer your papers. And the added inking around the edges of the white layers really helps make the decorative and stamped image really pop! Diane, all I can say is your cards just get better every single time! Wonderful card, great job!

Mary's is next. Mary loves to always add black cardstock whenever she can. I have to say, it really suits this card. She used an embossing folder on the background to give it great depth. The little matching brads add a nice pop. The focal images is soft and the added glitter to the purple buds is so pretty. The little strip of matching ribbon give it a nice divide and helps move your eye around the card. I know Mary is just getting into card asking but you would never know it looking at her cards! Really great job Mary!!! (Notice I didn't mention that you used purple again...opps, I just did! HA!)

And last but not least, mine. I used a flower embossing folder for my background and added small pearls to the centers. The mouse stamp is from PSX (sugar & mice series). I then layered it onto a scalloped border punched piece of card stock. Wrapped it with a piece of Bermuda Bay polka-dot ribbon and added the pearls between the scallops. I stamped the saying in Stazon black ink and then added a strip of more pearls. The image is colored using markers and a blending pen and then glitter added to the flowers. The colors of cardstock use were Whisper White, Bermuda Bay and Barely Banana(I wish they hadn't discontinued this color!)

I hope you enjoyed the cards as much as I have. I can't tell you how much I appreciate the hard work and all the details that go into each and every card. What a great bunch of talented ladies I stamp with. I am so proud to be able to share their creative work with you all. And a big thank you to all the girls for letting me post them. You gals are the BEST!!!

If you have a moment tell me what you liked best about the cards. I always enjoy your comments, thoughts, ideas and suggestions. :0)

As always I wish you time to be creative but most of all time to stamp!

Till my next post...

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for all the kind words about my card. You are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Card night is such a happy time. All the lady's are so nice. They all share such beautiful card. I can honestly say that I look forward to those nights and learning something new.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome cards! I'm so sorry I missed that night!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK, I'm Anonymous, Shirley! I love how you describe everyone's card. Also, I think you should be a Stand-Up Comic after you entertained us that night at card club. You are a SCREAM!

    Paula

    ReplyDelete