Sunday, April 10, 2011

Blog Candy Time!








First I wanted to thank everyone for all your wonderful comments. It means so much to get your input. Hopefully as I learn my way around the computer and "blog" world, I can make this blog a great resource for stamping ideas. Please feel free to ask questions, request stamping techniques and offer any ideas to make this blog the best it can be. :0)

Now to tell you a bit about the blog candy this month. This is "Sew Easy" from We R Memory Keepers. I had seen them at Archivers at Easton Shopping Center. When I went back up to buy them they were out. :0( But I just happened to have a doctors appointment and it was right by Red Letter Journal in Grove City. Since I had gotten to my appointment early and had an hour to kill I figured might as well stop in. It was such a nice clean store and very well organized.(just like everyone had been telling me) Well, they had just gotten them in. She was pricing them as I was shopping! She even let me go behind the counter to look through all the styles. So I bought two of everything she had! I just knew it would make a fun give-a-way. I hope you think so too.

I am having so much fun with this tool. It lives up to it's name!!! All you do is roll it to pierce the paper and then stitch. Easy-Peasy! I tried to get a better picture of the card. This was my first attempt using it. I used the Orange piercer(cross). I love that you can stitch it anyway you want to. It didn't show this design. I just left off the running center stitch of the baseball stitch.

Remember, if you win and you are a follower of my blog you will receive another gift. I also am giving out one small gift to the person who makes the first comment.
Please remember to make your comment on this blog post. :0)

The Blog Candy question for April is:

What is your favorite stamping technique?

I look forward to your comments. The winner will be drawn on Saturday April 16, 2011.

Good Luck...

9 comments:

  1. Hooooooooooray! I absolutely love the layers in this card. You do inspire me. My favorite stamping technique is direct to paper and embossing. Oh, wait that's 2, oh well!Awesome blog candy too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite stamping technique is heat embossing. It really makes a picture pop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shirley your card is amazing.If you are not sure who you would like to send this to just remember I am your favorite sister. I must say that this is a hard question. I have learned so many different things. The one technique that is my favorite is the new flower soft products that are on the market. It can make a flower look so amazing that you just want to touch them. Shirley I must say this was a great question.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool tool! I can't wait to see what you do with it. Bring all your test trys to the next card group.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Having trouble posting!! Sorry!! My favorite stamping technique is just using pearlescent stamp pads! My fave!

    ReplyDelete
  6. First of all, as soon as I saw the blog candy, I had to look to see I can get the product for my website Scrapbook Additions, it is yet. I love it to. I have to say the Sewing technique but I still love the Brayer picture card too, pretty clsoe to the same. Becasue I had been thinking , wouldn't be nice to have a way to sew cards without a machine. Read my mind.
    Day 2 of second round of medication, doing a little better. I have decided to take a break from everything, taking one day at a time. I got a sub for teaching my PSR Kindergarten class at church. Joe took Jill to soccer and Janelle and Jessica have been sick too not the same thing I have. Janelle needs to get better, they need her for tomorrow nights game. They won't have enough players.
    Last Saturday I started on Jennnifer's Digital wedding album. I got 4 pages done. Went together, the hard part is picking what pictures to use, there are 809 pictures. Can't use them all.
    Just like I said kudos on the Sew technique and the Brayer. Sorry two I like.
    I need to start working on my flower cards for Card night this month.
    Happy Scrapping!

    PS I found a new technique I want to figure out it is Sugared flowers, I guess concept is on You Tube.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I see I spelled something wrong, I am sick. After Scrapbook Additions, it is yes not yes for I can get the Sewing items that Shirley is showing for the blog candy. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the card - but I have to say I have loved every card you've made that I have seen. Right now my favorite stamping method is "coloring" with marker pens. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think I missed this blog candy :(
    Glad you stopped into RLJ. Saw you in their newsletter. Will be dropping in to see what new ideas you are sharing .
    Sandy~Turtlelady

    turtlelover@firehousemail.com

    ReplyDelete