Sunday, February 27, 2011

Card Night ..."Green" Theme Card Exchange












What a great card night we had. One of the gals suggested a card exchange. We each made enough cards for each person in our group. We had a theme and then it was fun to see how everyone took that theme and put it to paper. I want to tell you a bit about each "Green Theme" card...so here goes. :0)

Well, lets get mine out of the way. I'm so indecisive so I ended up making 2 cards. The Queen Anne's Lace and the leaf card. I also stamped my envelopes. I used a Signo white gel pen and did each small dot then went back over and used a glitter pen and did each small dot! It took a bit more time but the results I got doing it that way were worth it. The leaf card was just a clean and simple design. I love the look of it. I'll be sending that one to my brother this week for his "card of the week". (oh and sorry I posted pics of mine twice..I can't figure out how to delete one of them...opps!)

The wolf card my sister Mary did. She worried so much that her's wouldn't be good enough(she is just learning to stamp) but I thought they turned out great. I would have never thought to stamp a wolf in green! She used Bazzill textured cardstock for her card base and the shimmery sheen it had really made the card.

Jeanne did the "Your Special" card with the bow and gem center. I love the delicate eyelet border in white she added. It's those little touches that make a card really pop. The inside was stamped with the saying "For my friend who's always there, who's always kind, and always cares". What a great friendship saying! Jeanne is also the one who suggested the card swap. Thanks Jeanne, can't wait till our next one!

Sonja made the quilted top note card. I hope you will be able to see how she embossed a the top layer of the card giving it this cool feel and great dimension. I love the clean look of the ribbon with no bow just using the scallop oval and oval punches for the saying. The colors in her "fabulous friend" image match the decorative papers she used to a tee! That lovely red flower gives it an instant focal point.

Speaking of red... Diane's card with her floral stamped image and two different but matching decorative papers(love the polka dots and the papers are a perfect match). Check out the way she did her ribbon. That subtle twist makes all the difference. And when I say it's the little details that count...do you see the way she highlighted the stamped image along the edges with the matching ink. It helps give it that little extra against the green layer. Nice touch!

Susan did the glittered lace card. She also demonstrated the technique on card night. We were all "sparkly" when we left! LOL I guess if your a stamper you will understand it is NOT a piece of lace on the card but just glitter in two colors to make the glitter image. We used a piece of lace to make it. Her card was so pretty she had some with yellow and some with pink layers. I really loved the sunny feel the bright yellow gives it. I thought the saying stamp she used had a nice font for the lacey look of the card. I can tell you I will be doing this again. It is a fun way to make a card.

Paula did the potted plant. If you know Paula you know her cards are all about the details! The card base has been embossed but she didn't stop there she embossed the white layer too. (it has the cutest little bird on it) then the decorative multi-colored paper she used to cut out the vine and it tucks under the cut out from the pot gives it a realistic look of the plant. She popped up the leaves to give it a feeling like it's growing right out of the little pot. Very nice touch. But she didn't stop there she added a large detailed cutout leaf to the inside of the card. Like a said Paula you never miss a detail! :0)

Denise did the palm tree and suitcase card. Ahhhh...for some place tropical. I love all the little details the inked edges around the layers. The color and flowers on the suit case tie into the earth color around the tree. And how awesome is the saying on the inside!!! It says "Travel Light through life...only pack the good stuff." What a great reminder for me...sometimes I "carry" the stuff I shouldn't be. This card really makes me smile.

I saved Barb's card for last. I really got a great tip from her card. One in which I will do more often! First off I love a stamped envelope but if you'll notice she tied that image into the inside of the card. Really nice touch! I usually only do a saying or and image. But why not do both? Great tip...great idea Barb! I also wanted to say how much I loved the torn layers and the little green dragonflies are layered up for an extra bit of dimension.

Of course seeing how green is my favorite color this will probably be one of my favorite card swaps. :0) I couldn't pick a favorite if I tried. Each is so different and each one is a masterpiece to me! I know we said we wanted to have cards to have on hand to send out and this would be a nice way to have a good assortment...but I don't think I'll be able to part with any of these.

I look forward to our next swap! I hope you will leave a comment and tell me if you have one you like and why. But most of all I hope you will get some great ideas from my talented stamping friends!

Until my next post I wish you time to be creative but most of all time to stamp!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! Those are fabulous! I wouldn't be able to pick a favorite if I tried! You all are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shirley, thanks for sharing our cards and for the kind words you said about mine. Since Susan and I visited her sister, Sumi, last year in Florida I have been dreaming of palm trees. When this set came available, I had to have it. Reminds me of good times!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the kind words about the cards. I thought they were all just gorgeous. I have put mine in a binder to keep them nice. Just love them.
    I am feeling better after having a really bad sinus infection. The temp broke Saturday night. I have been sleeping in until 10:30 am after getting up at 5:30 am and getting each set of kids off to school. Next year I only get them up at 5:30 am and out the door by 6:35 am to get on the bus.

    ReplyDelete